THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MEDIUM BORE RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Medium Bore Rifles    Which Weatherby model in 30-378?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Weatherby model in 30-378?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Weatherby Fibermark or Synthetic in 30-378?

Thanks

Posts: 146 | Location: CA. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i would definately go for the Fibermark, since the synthetic has a "tupperware-stock".

Posts: 930 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Accumark!

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had both stocks you mention and the Fibermark is definately the better of the two in my opinion. Plus, you get a a nice butt pad versus a hunk of hard rubber, which really takes the felt recoil out of the shot.

Not meaning to get away from your question, but the Accumark is even better yet and shouldn't be overlooked.

Craig

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The synthetic Weatherby stock is about as cheap as it gets. For very little more $$$, the Fibermark stock is a big upgrade with better construction and pillar bedding. The Accumark stock adds a full length aluminum bedding block but at the expense of more weight and $$$.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Boar Hunter
posted Hide Post
Fibermark, the Aluminum bedding pillar and more rigid stock are definate improvements over the synthetic. If you don't mind the weight, the Accumark has even further improvements with the heavier weight barrel, tuned trigger, etc.

John

Posts: 1343 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
If the Accumark is more dollars then you want to spend go with the Fibermark... The 378 based cartridges will demonstrate the "flex" of the synthetic stocks in short order...

My 338-378 is an Accumark... Yes it is a bit heavier but only by roughly 8 ounces... It does handle and shoulder very well however...

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote