The Accurate Reloading Forums
Which Weatherby model in 30-378?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3221043/m/981103247

06 October 2007, 09:30
Tongo
Which Weatherby model in 30-378?
Weatherby Fibermark or Synthetic in 30-378?

Thanks
06 October 2007, 17:49
Steffen
i would definately go for the Fibermark, since the synthetic has a "tupperware-stock".
06 October 2007, 18:24
Dr. Lou
Accumark!

NRA Life Benefactor Member
06 October 2007, 21:01
Dthfrmbv
I had both stocks you mention and the Fibermark is definately the better of the two in my opinion. Plus, you get a a nice butt pad versus a hunk of hard rubber, which really takes the felt recoil out of the shot.

Not meaning to get away from your question, but the Accumark is even better yet and shouldn't be overlooked.

Craig

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
08 October 2007, 06:06
LWD
The synthetic Weatherby stock is about as cheap as it gets. For very little more $$$, the Fibermark stock is a big upgrade with better construction and pillar bedding. The Accumark stock adds a full length aluminum bedding block but at the expense of more weight and $$$.

LWD
08 October 2007, 06:20
Big Bore Boar Hunter
Fibermark, the Aluminum bedding pillar and more rigid stock are definate improvements over the synthetic. If you don't mind the weight, the Accumark has even further improvements with the heavier weight barrel, tuned trigger, etc.

John
08 October 2007, 21:46
Heat
If the Accumark is more dollars then you want to spend go with the Fibermark... The 378 based cartridges will demonstrate the "flex" of the synthetic stocks in short order...

My 338-378 is an Accumark... Yes it is a bit heavier but only by roughly 8 ounces... It does handle and shoulder very well however...

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan