Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Alaskan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A couple of questions:

1) Integral Scope Mounts: Will other mounts attach to the Ruger receiver? I am wanting to put a quick release scope mounts.

2) Hogue OverMolded Stock: Does this stock have the aluminum bedding blocks like in some of their other stocks?

Thanks!

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe Warne and Alaska Arms both offer QD rings that fit Ruger integral bases. Burris also makes a Ruger to Weaver adaptor that would let you use Weaver rings, Leupold Weaver style rings or Burris Weaver style rings

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Alaska Arms makes good stuff.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks thirdbite and Charles_Helm, the Alaskan Arms looks great.

If anyone cares, I reached out to Ruger and the Alaskan does have the aluminum bedding block. Now I just have to convince the Christmas Elf.

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you mark the position of the levers (screws) on Ruger rings, they will return to zero as well as any other QD..I had a set wherein the slots were modified with a lever and they worked exceptionally well if you positioned the levers the same each time you tightened the levers..I used a straight up position with the left side levers straight up on each return..I also saw this on a set of weaver rings and bases done by Scott McCracken and they worked well indeed...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41755 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote