The Accurate Reloading Forums
Ruger Alaskan

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3221043/m/6151093162

25 August 2020, 05:31
Jon Beutler
Ruger Alaskan
A couple of questions:

1) Integral Scope Mounts: Will other mounts attach to the Ruger receiver? I am wanting to put a quick release scope mounts.

2) Hogue OverMolded Stock: Does this stock have the aluminum bedding blocks like in some of their other stocks?

Thanks!
25 August 2020, 06:03
thirdbite
I believe Warne and Alaska Arms both offer QD rings that fit Ruger integral bases. Burris also makes a Ruger to Weaver adaptor that would let you use Weaver rings, Leupold Weaver style rings or Burris Weaver style rings
25 August 2020, 06:05
Charles_Helm
Alaska Arms makes good stuff.

-------------------------------

Some Pictures from Namibia

Some Pictures from Zimbabwe

An Elephant Story

28 August 2020, 19:07
Jon Beutler
Thanks thirdbite and Charles_Helm, the Alaskan Arms looks great.

If anyone cares, I reached out to Ruger and the Alaskan does have the aluminum bedding block. Now I just have to convince the Christmas Elf.
28 August 2020, 23:21
Atkinson
If you mark the position of the levers (screws) on Ruger rings, they will return to zero as well as any other QD..I had a set wherein the slots were modified with a lever and they worked exceptionally well if you positioned the levers the same each time you tightened the levers..I used a straight up position with the left side levers straight up on each return..I also saw this on a set of weaver rings and bases done by Scott McCracken and they worked well indeed...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com