THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intoducing the long Range Accubond!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of POP
posted
Bend, Ore. – October 31, 2012 – Nosler, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of their new line of AccuBond® Long Range bullets. Developed through a combination of bullet manufacturing techniques that are unique to Nosler, the design of the AccuBond®-LR allows for the highest B.C. possible in a bullet of the same caliber and weight. Designed with an optimum performance window ranging from 3,200fps to 1,300fps, the unique tapered jacket geometry and proprietary
bonding process of the AccuBond®-LR allow it to expand rapidly for effective energy transfer and significant tissue damage while retaining sufficient weight to ensure deep penetration into the vitals. The AccuBond® bonding process allows the AccuBond®-LR to perform reliably on game throughout the entire velocity range, eliminating the problem of being “too close” often encountered with other high-B.C. bullets. The high-performance boat tail, long ogive, and polymer tip combine to make the AccuBond®-LR the sleekest, flattest- shooting, bonded, hunting bullet ever created. The ogive of the AccuBond®-LR is designed to provide excellent accuracy in a wide variety of firearms without the necessity of being loaded close to or in contact with the lands. The new AccuBond®-LR will be packaged in 100 count boxes, and will initially be available in the following calibers and weights.

These are awesome! Nosler is going to take the long range market by storm.
Way to go Nosler.

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of whiplash
posted Hide Post
looking forward to trying the 210gr out of my Ruger #1 300Win.

Posts: 158 | Location: Grand View, Idaho | Registered: 13 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
when can you order these bullets?

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Soon . I am not sure on availability yet.

I was just authorized to announce it today.

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey frank.
any chance of a 110-120 gr .257 ?

Posts: 4975 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Down the pike I am sure

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
From what I understand all popular factory twists were taken into consideration before bullets were designed.

Hence the 129 6.5mm and not a 140...yet at least. Performance on game will be AB identical.
Feel free to contact Nosler with all tech ?????

1-800-285-3701. Fax: 541-388-4667

One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Hello POP - that is good news indeed :-)

Can you say how Nosler achieved the heavier bullet weights, esp. in 7mm? Is it by thinning out the jacket towards its base a little? (cross-section looks a little thinner than the pics of the regular AB jackets).

Thanks again!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bet they use a 3% antimonial core and bonding too.
the harder core can take some of the pressure off the jaxket having to be so thick.
the hardness of the jaxket will help control it's opening too.

Posts: 4975 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
can't edit a post for some reason.

but since these are slated as long range i am gonna assume they are meant to open at lower impact velocity's.
probably down in the 1300 fps range
the thinner jaxket ,deep hollow point,and the tip would be a requirement to help make this happen.
the higher antimonial core will help the thinner jaxket take the firing forces of the rifling better.

one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
[quote="NoslerMP"]We are happy to see that everyone is so excited about these bullets, we are very excited too!

The AccuBond-LR bullets will be available in stores by the end of March 2013.

We designed this year's offerings to stabilize in standard twist rate barrels when loaded to standard book velocities, hence the 6.5mm 129gr. We determined that a 140gr would be too long to stabilize in standard twist barrels. We will consider offering longer, heavier designs intended for faster-than-standard twist barrels in the future.

Keep in mind, this is just our initial offering and we will be expanding the line in the future. If we aren't yet offering the weight or caliber that you want, let us know as we do take your requests into account when designing new products.[/quote]

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Well, since they are offering the AB, we should request the long range ballistic tip as well. No question they will open at lower velocities. Any plans for them to do that?

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Pop, I notice on Nosler's site that they prefer a 1 in 9 twist for the 150 gr. .270, though they also write that a 1 in 10 will suffice.

What do you think about a 1 in 10 twist .270 wcf? Is it worth trying? Will I have to run a minimum muzzle velocity to achieve good accuracy (moa)?

Or, let me put the question slightly differently: I have 150 partitions shooting moa or better in my .270. Do you think it's worth the trouble of developing a LR Accubond? Most of my shooting will be inside 400, max 450 yards. Should I just stay with the partition and call it good?

Thanks!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Should be ok. The way they designed these was to be able to use them in all standard twists.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
250grain .338! we need that one too!

Posts: 41773 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
POP, still waiting for the 7mm to be available. Any idea when?

Will the "regular" Accubonds be discontinued?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
If you look on the website they are introducing the 6.5, 3 weights in 7mm and 2 in .308

http://www.nosler.com/Bullets/AccuBond_LongRange.aspx

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope they make a 270 grain 375 bullet

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How long before a 225grn .338?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like we're not getting a response here...

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote