THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Anyone On FB Or Twitter Please Support This Lady Hunter!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone On FB Or Twitter Please Support This Lady Hunter!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My kind of woman.

Dutch

Administrator
posted Hide Post
This is where the hunting industry should get involved.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

I will support her all I can-

but i dont think I can afford her------

SSR

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I've been saying for years that the canned lion shooting industry will one day be used as a tool to beat us all over the head with and the antis will further use it to try to ban ALL sport hunting in Africa and this is a prime example of how they'll do it.

Read how the whole article is spun to also include criticism of plains game & other hunting and then read the vitriolic comments at the bottom, then pause to consider whether the next generation will be able to enjoy what we have enjoyed.......... and weep.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 16 November 2013 11:07 Hide Post
I've been saying for years that the canned lion shooting industry will one day be used as a tool to beat us all over the head with and the antis will further use it to try to ban ALL sport hunting in Africa and this is a prime example of how they'll do it.

You have not been alone Steve but some people always know better and trying to get it through to them is like pissing against gale force winds!

Neither you nor I, nor others who feel the same way will be able to change others ways of thinking - should any further effort be wasted in trying to convince those with blinkered eyes?

We have seen and lived Africa in most of its former glory, from its best to its worst; if not curtailed, the continued negative public exposure of such hunts is surely going to put a lid on sport hunting in the very near future and I for sure couldn't give a rat's ass if the future generation gets to hunt or pull wire!

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Fujo

I know I should take the attitude of not caring because people (agents, clients, PHs & Outfitters) are bringing it on themselves but the truth is, I bloody well do care & will probably continue to care until my dying day.

When I look back at the industry & the sport I joined all those years ago & compare it to how it is now, I hardly recognise it & that truly appals me.

When I see people who are involved in the industry actually congratulating hunters shooters on their taking these pen bred/habituated lions (and other species) I'm actually ashamed to have been in the same business as them.

I have no doubt I'll be hammered for my comments and that in itself shows how far the industry & sport has sunk! Confused

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve, I won't hammer you. Although we disagree in some areas (this one included) you have the right to your opinion. Oh by the way I saw this long ago as I am friends with her and I guess that won't surprise you, eh.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Kind words Ed. Asante sana bwana. tu2

We might indeed disagree about some things but your dogged long term pursuit of your desired trophy list has proved your personal hunting ethics are (IMO) as they should be & that (to me at least) is the gauge of a man. Wink

I am however surprised that an ugly old bugger like you is a friend of hers! animal animal animal

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
This article includes photos of many other game animals, besides the lion, that were killed by Ms. Bachman.

The comments are ridiculous.

Nothing but a complete ban on hunting any and all animals will satisfy these whackjobs.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
This article includes photos of many other game animals, besides the lion, that were killed by Ms. Bachman.

The comments are ridiculous.

Nothing but a complete ban on hunting any and all animals will satisfy these whackjobs.

+1 but...is this really "news" or is it fundraising (for animal rights groups) presented as news? I could see similar representations made by those opposed to the oil industry, such posting pics of dead birds in an oil slick or harping about the wasted "fossil fuel" used in a NASCAR event. "Same old-Same old."

While I certainly don't approve of shooting pen raised lions released for an easy kill, do we as individuals or collectively as members of whatever pro-hunting organizations we belong to have the will to decide for ourselves what is or isn't considered ethical? If shooting pen raised lions isn't, then what about pen raised quail or pheasant? What about captive raised buffalo (and you could also include American Bison)?

Setting some sort of standards for ethics might be abhorrent to certain people, but you know damn good and well that if we don't do it, the antis will paint us all with as broad of a brush as shown in this article. If wild animals are going to be "farmed" for the sole purpose of being shot (ie: Lions) and they've got absolutely no chance of evading the hunter that's paid for them, its going to be very difficult to justify the kill to the average person. Feel free to provide those justifications, but (IMHO) "increased revenue to those in the industry" isn't going to cut it.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Tanzania 2012: http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/8331015971
Saskatoon, Canada 2013: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4121043/m/7171030391
Las Pampas, Argentina 2014: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4107165/m/1991059791

Posts: 260 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: 19 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Melissa used to have a blog on the Petersen's hunting site until about a year ago. She was on a survival type show on discovery or natgeo or something and a bunch of people found out about all the cute little animals she had killed. Her blog, Facebook and other forms of communication were littered with negative comments and threats and I haven't heard much about her since. Too bad she is being used as a whipping post for the anti's again.

Peter Andersen
Peak Wildlife Adventures
1-306-485-8429
peakwildlifeadventures@hotmail.com
www.peakwildlifeadventures.com

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
You South Africans, out of a sense of duty to your South African hunting industry, ought to start a counter-petition to INVITE her back to South Africa! Hell, if shooting African game is going to get someone banned from entering South Africa, many of us would have been banned years ago! LOL!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
You South Africans, out of a sense of duty to your South African hunting industry, ought to start a counter-petition to INVITE her back to South Africa! Hell, if shooting African game is going to get someone banned from entering South Africa, many of us would have been banned years ago! LOL!

Great idea.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great idea-

last year i took a lion in RSA and had a wonderful hunt and a great time doing it Good hunting and good people.

SSR

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
My wife just informed me this story is now being reported on NBC and ABC national news! Good grief!

Roll Eyes

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Fujo

I know I should take the attitude of not caring because people (agents, clients, PHs & Outfitters) are bringing it on themselves but the truth is, I bloody well do care & will probably continue to care until my dying day.

When I look back at the industry & the sport I joined all those years ago & compare it to how it is now, I hardly recognise it & that truly appals me.

When I see people who are involved in the industry actually congratulating hunters shooters on their taking these pen bred/habituated lions (and other species) I'm actually ashamed to have been in the same business as them.

I have no doubt I'll be hammered for my comments and that in itself shows how far the industry & sport has sunk! Confused

Steve,

I have a different opinion to yourself.

I think you know where I stand on hunting in general.

But, I have no objection to all the farm hunts in South Africa, as long as we don't make it out to be something else.

The antis could not careless how the animals are hunted.

They just want to see ALL hunting stopped. And frankly, I could not careless what they think either.

But, the biggest problem we are facing is Joe Public. Who are as ignorant of the facts of hunting as a stone on the moon!

They gobble up anything that is fed to them by the media. And we all know how impartial the media of today is.

Also, hunters who do go and hunt on a farm in South Africa should not be ashamed of it. It is what it is, and don't make it out to be something else.

I have hunted South Africa twice, and enjoyed both times very much.

It is different than hunting in Zimbabwe or Tanzania.

I remember how the BBC brought the canned lion business up.

They showed a message from some outfitter in the US about having two clients who wanted two lions immediately, and they could not careless about the price, as long as it is arranged immediately.

That blew up in our faces, and we have not recovered from it at all.

The new practice of capturing animals, selecting they Top Scoring SCI Trophies and offering them to those sick individuals - sorry, I cannot call them hunters by any stretch of the imagination - so they can claim the glory of being Great Trophy Hunters is going to backfire in our faces again.

And I think this will make the canned lion episode pale into insignificance, as it covers so many other species.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I just looked at the UK newspaper the Independent Newspaper site.

One of the headlines is an interview with Newkirk, that idiot who started PETA to enrich her life with the money from like minded idiots.

Another headline talks about Bachman.

But, there is a new twist now.

It actually says SOUTH AFRICA is calling for the ban on her.

Not a single stupid individual!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw this link on Facebook if anyone wants to look at it. https://www.facebook.com/MelissaBachmanSupporters

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I suggest everyone on FB post a supporting message.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really do these antis and their brainless teenage twitter followers really care if it is a ranched lion or a wild lion or even know that such a thing exists?

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a clip on Good morning america right now on her. No idea what it will say but it opened with the lion photo. Guess if you tune in next fifteen mintues from 8am EST you may see it. Will let you know what it says.

Larry

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, I watched it. It seems the item that got excitement up was the lion photo as they focused most of point on lions are bred (with a SA correspondent sitting with lion cubs) and that they will be extinct someday. They did show other pictures of her with other game but I think the lion set people off. The good morning america guy closed it with "that was difficult to watch". I am just writing this without reading above posts so my apoligies if this was aired before. My takeaway that people should pay attention to (my wife also noticed this) is that this sensationalizm is partially because she is a woman. Women should get behind her and support her. I hope this does her no damage with winchester. I am not a fan of SA lion hunting but it is legal. If it is legal she has every right to do it if she wants. I dont know what the attys on here think but if no laws were broken, she should have a good case for a libel suit.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
OK, I watched it. It seems the item that got excitement up was the lion photo as they focused most of point on lions are bred (with a SA correspondent sitting with lion cubs) and that they will be extinct someday. They did show other pictures of her with other game but I think the lion set people off. The good morning america guy closed it with "that was difficult to watch". I am just writing this without reading above posts so my apoligies if this was aired before. My takeaway that people should pay attention to (my wife also noticed this) is that this sensationalizm is partially because she is a woman. Women should get behind her and support her. I hope this does her no damage with winchester. I am not a fan of SA lion hunting but it is legal. If it is legal she has every right to do it if she wants. I dont know what the attys on here think but if no laws were broken, she should have a good case for a libel suit.
Good point BBB - perhhaps it is seen as doubly wrong for a women to be doing?

Lion conservations seem to agree that the lion will soon be extinct in the wild. Of course this has nothing to do with lion hunting in South Africa... zero actually.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am of similar opinion as Saeed. Do the shoot and state the facts about it, dont dress it up.

I do think that the business's that do the breeding could help the whole shooting/hunting sports by developing a return to wild programm. Even if it is only 4 or 5 Lions/Tigers a year.This woulkd not stop the antis but would make a difference to joe public IMHO

Posts: 492 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 26 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rule 303:
I am of similar opinion as Saeed. Do the shoot and state the facts about it, dont dress it up.

I do think that the business's that do the breeding could help the whole shooting/hunting sports by developing a return to wild programm. Even if it is only 4 or 5 Lions/Tigers a year.This woulkd not stop the antis but would make a difference to joe public IMHO
Where are they going to let them go? Not in South Africa. Send them to another country? A lot of areas they seem to be treated as a pest still.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
6pm Alaska time, Sunday. CBS did a report on the evening news that gave hunting and Ms. Bachman a black eye. What else is new? The reporter's last line was that wild lion will be extinct in 10 years.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rule 303:

It doesn't and won't ever work that way.

Lions breed easily (which is why the breeders keep & breed 'em) but translocated lions will (in most cases) be promptly killed when translocated because the issue in the vast majority of wild areas is human encroachment and illegal killing.

If we could control the human encroachment and illegal killing then the wild lion populations would recover very quickly on their own.

The captive bred populations have no connection whatsoever with the wild lion populations and they never will. Their only function is to decorate trophy rooms of unscrupulous shooters who rate decor above that of ethical hunting.

I bet that comment will put a few noses out of joint but that's what I believe. Wink

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
She's hot with a nice rack.

Posts: 1432 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jaco Human
posted Hide Post
This made headline news in RSA over the weekend and this mornning many radio stations got involved as well, Jeremy Mansfield, a radio presenter, who is a total arsehole in my opinion, made a very degrading comment about this woman. The hunting community on FB in RSA did add their vioce to support her. Unfortuneately you cannot argue with the anti's, everything is done with an emotional stand, they are not prepared to listen to the facts. I have send in a very long reply to Radio Jacaranda, won't be useful to post it here as it is in my mother tongue, lots of listners did come out in support of hunting.

I am not pro captive bred Lion hunting at all, but I can understand that there is a place for it for some people, as long as they are sold for what they are and the hunter accepts that it is a captive bred animal and not tell a different story.

We have a massive task to educate the anti's about the benefits of hunting in the conservation success story of RSA.

Life is how you spend the time between hunting trips.

Through Responsible Sustainable hunting we serve Conservation.
Outfitter permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/73984
PH permit no. Limpopo ZA/LP/81197
Jaco Human
SA Hunting Experience

jacohu@mweb.co.za
www.sahuntexp.com

Posts: 1250 | Location: Centurion and Limpopo RSA | Registered: 02 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boerbokrib
posted Hide Post
CHASA COMMENT ON SERIOUS ANTAGONISTIC THREATS BY THE PUBLIC AND SOME PERSONALITIES ON THE HUNTING EXPLOITS OF MELISSA BACHMAN

It is with great concern that we note the plethora of debased and uncalled for attacks on a lady who had chosen to come to South Africa and partake in a legal, sustainable and responsible activity, spending her money to the benefit of both people and wildlife here. Two particularly gratuitous actions were that of the Sunday Times splashing typically biased and emotional coverage on their front page of 17 November, and of radio personality and public speaker, Jeremy Mansfield’s base and vulgar language to Ms Bachman on his very public Facebook page.

We are fortunate that the majority of South Africans have the good sense to realise what the concept of Conservation by Sustainable Utilisation is, and that in a resource rich, but poverty imbalanced nation (and continent) such as ours, every resource must be utilised to its most efficient benefit. No one specie takes precedent over another in a balanced conservation solution, and emotionally (politically correct) driven policies would destroy our hugely successful conservation strategy in short order. Ms Bachman’s activities both here and in other countries does just that; bring the conservation benefit to the grass roots where it matters. This is sustainable utilisation in action. Perhaps, just like not thinking of the abattoir deaths of the meat & chicken people consume, so should those who cannot understand or accept hunting, not put their mind to any aspects of conservation as they clearly cannot comprehend the reality of it.

We call on those in the media who are inclined to believe they have the right to run with an emotionally charged attack against people who are simply carrying on a fundamental human activity, in a legal and beneficial way to contact us should they wish to be steered in the direction of a proper and balanced understanding of hunting, conservation by sustainable use and the national strategy relating to it. Perhaps proper balanced journalism will then prevail.

Stephen Palos - Cell number: 082 905 7400 CHAIRMAN

Posts: 291 | Location: Sourh Africa | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
A support page has been created on FaceBook for any who might wish to help counter the antis' attacks on this lady.

https://www.facebook.com/MelissaBachmanSupporters