THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    The Million Dollar Question for you Guys
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Million Dollar Question for you Guys
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Will the hunting season open at some point in Africa...and if so when?

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alfredo C:

The hunting season is open in Africa.

Now the hard part is getting there and being able to enter the country.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1575 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana338:
quote:

The hunting season is open in Africa.

Now the hard part is getting there and being able to enter the country.

This.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
We cannot predict the future but I would hedge that safari hunting will not happen unless you are able to spend some months here?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes fellas, I do realize that the hunting season is technically "open" in Africa but since it is essentially on lockdown and foreign can't get there it is pretty much closed.

I should have posted, When will foreign hunters be allowed to fly again, and when the can, at what point will African countries like RSA and Zim allow hunters to enter....essentially when will things start rolling again?

Will it happen this year or is it pretty much over

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
We cannot predict the future but I would hedge that safari hunting will not happen unless you are able to spend some months here?

Hows that Fairgame??

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hows that Fairgame??

Each country has its own rules of travel for starters. The worst has yet to come to Africa and how long will it last?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hows that Fairgame??

Each country has its own rules of travel for starters. The worst has yet to come to Africa and how long will it last?

I agree my friend, and that's why I made a post.

I just put it out there but in reality nobody know. CV has yet to take hold in Africa, and I can only imagine the devastation it will cause in places like Zim with non-existent healthcare and zero economy. I spoke to my PH in Zim since I have my day rate paid and was supposed to be leaving in 2 weeks, so he is saying that hopefully by the end of August but who knows??

Crazy times ahead

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
As I used to tell clients in regards to the exact cost of litigation: "If I only had a crystal ball. . . . . . ." Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Cajun1956
posted Hide Post
I have an appointment, via teleconference of course, with Marie Catherine Laveau scheduled for later today to discuss this very issue/concern.

I will also inquire about pork belly futures as well. coffee

DSC Life Member
HSC Life Member
NRA Life Member
SCI
RMEF

Posts: 2021 | Location: Republic of Texico | Registered: 20 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have an appointment, via teleconference of course, with Marie Catherine Laveau scheduled for later today to discuss this very issue/concern.

Tell Marie hello for me & ask about that million$ she's supposed to make for me.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes fellas, I do realize that the hunting season is technically "open" in Africa but since it is essentially on lockdown and foreign can't get there it is pretty much closed.

I should have posted, When will foreign hunters be allowed to fly again, and when the can, at what point will African countries like RSA and Zim allow hunters to enter....essentially when will things start rolling again?

Will the majority of hunters fly until they have been vaccinated or acquired immunity?

Will airlines reestablish routes until they have customer demand from fliers who have been vaccinated or acquired immunity?

The medical community says this is 12-18 months. Add a few months for enough vaccine to meet demand. Perhaps we are hunting the second half of 2021!?!?

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AilsaWheels:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alfredo C:

Will the majority of hunters fly until they have been vaccinated or acquired immunity?

Will airlines reestablish routes until they have customer demand from fliers who have been vaccinated or acquired immunity?

The medical community says this is 12-18 months. Add a few months for enough vaccine to meet demand. Perhaps we are hunting the second half of 2021!?!?[/QUO

Good points with the above with so many unknowns.

I tested negative the other day but my son who lives with me is positive with mild signs.

This is a big unknown

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I concur, late 21 or 22.

I'd like for our family to catch it and be immune, but I am smart enough to know that many healthy people younger than me have died from it. So I am in hiding like a person smarter than I am.

I don't know that booking a hunt for 21 is a amart bet either.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Alfredo
quote:
I just put it out there but in reality nobody know.

then why did you ask Confused

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10057 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
quote:

I'm bored. Why else do we post 1/2 the nonsense written here?Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike_Dettorre:
quote:

I'm bored. Why else do we post 1/2 the nonsense written here?Wink

Truth!!!

jumping

Posts: 800 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The entire world is populated by a bunch of worthless pussies. Open it up and take your chances. If I die, I die but I don't want to die of boredom sitting at home.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Bravo, Alfredo. A bad excuse is better than none! Cool Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
Bravo, Alfredo. A bad excuse is better than none! Cool Big Grin

Thanks....I guessWink

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Things are moving so fast no one know what might happen a few months down.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Things are moving so fast no one know what might happen a few months down.

I totally agree Saeed. Plus, who knows what this virus will do to Africa....I suspect that maybe millions of people will die before it disappears

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GunsCore:
The entire world is populated by a bunch of worthless pussies. Open it up and take your chances. If I die, I die but I don't want to die of boredom sitting at home.

Not sure if you're joking or what.

Here's the reality for folks like me; Wife and I are exceptionally healthy. I've been riding and racing bicycles for 35 years and the wife takes care of herself as well. However, I have a special needs son. He has lung issues and pneumonia usually hospitalizes him. We feel this virus would likely kill him.

As such, I have moved out of my primary home and into our guest Casita.

I need to run my business, so I separated myself from my family over two weeks ago.

So, If by defending my sons health at ANY and ALL cost makes me a pussy, so be it.

Not everyone is low risk.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3385 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kudos to you, Steve, for making the sacrifice. This thing is a very fluid situation and each day brings new challenges.

Would you have been so eager to go, GunCore, if this was an ebola outbreak in hunting areas? I don't think so. Same with this Kungflu. Some are extremely susceptible to this thing more than others. We just don't have all the answers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The world cannot afford to shut down indefinitely, virus or no virus. I predict that after an "appropriate" hiatus, it will be back to business and take your chances. Politicians will blink. If you die, you don't vote anyway. If you survive but you are eating pet food, you are going to vote for "change".

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2927 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I concur, late 21 or 22.

That thought really brings me down. I am still hoping that I can make my August hunt this year.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Gould:
The world cannot afford to shut down indefinitely, virus or no virus. I predict that after an "appropriate" hiatus, it will be back to business and take your chances. Politicians will blink. If you die, you don't vote anyway. If you survive but you are eating pet food, you are going to vote for "change".

WSJ today said Italy is increasing worried about civil unrest due to shortages of food.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:
I concur, late 21 or 22.

That thought really brings me down. I am still hoping that I can make my August hunt this year.

Fingers crossed here hoping to make my July trip to Namibia.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 300SAKO:
quote:
Originally posted by tanks:
quote:
I concur, late 21 or 22.

Fingers crossed here hoping to make my July trip to Namibia.

Good luck.

I hope you do.

We are booked as usual later September.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66937 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

Here's the reality for folks like me; Wife and I are exceptionally healthy. I've been riding and racing bicycles for 35 years and the wife takes care of herself as well. However, I have a special needs son. He has lung issues and pneumonia usually hospitalizes him. We feel this virus would likely kill him.

I need to run my business, so I separated myself from my family over two weeks ago.

So, If by defending my sons health at ANY and ALL cost makes me a pussy, so be it.

God bless you Steve.

Posts: 9091 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It would be awful to be quarantined at Royal Kafue for three months with a checkbook that could stand the entire quota...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9559 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the real world international travel is going to be very difficult for next 18-24 months.

Us is the epicenter of this virus - millions of cases is the conservative assumption. If regional us states today have imposed travel restrictions on us citizen from different states anyone think global travel is going to be free and open.

China has seen an influx of new cases from international travels after massively controlling local cases.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...ries&pgtype=Homepage

Until all governments from us to zim to China to India to German to nearly every country get comfortable they are not reimporting a virus they managed to control at exorbitant economic costs they are simply going to impose draconian controls.

Airlines with business models built on hub international travel - emirates, ethiad, Turkish are going to be in a world of hurt.

Let’s hope there are rapid test that can be administered at entry points.

Get used to living in the twilight zone version of international travel for next 18-24 months.

Big regional economies like US China India will see their vast population focus on local travel. Places like Maldives are screwed.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Is that an invitation Wink ?

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
In the real world international travel is going to be very difficult for next 18-24 months.

Us is the epicenter of this virus - millions of cases is the conservative assumption. If regional us states today have imposed travel restrictions on us citizen from different states anyone think global travel is going to be free and open.

China has seen an influx of new cases from international travels after massively controlling local cases.

Until all governments from us to zim to China to India to German to nearly every country get comfortable they are not reimporting a virus they managed to control at exorbitant economic costs they are simply going to impose draconian controls.

Airlines with business models built on hub international travel - emirates, ethiad, Turkish are going to be in a world of hurt.

Get used to living in the twilight zone version of international travel for next 18-24 months.

Big regional economies like US China India will see their vast population focus on local travel. Places like Maldives are screwed.

Mike

Mike, I am afraid you are spot on here ... Time will show, but this is the hard facts on travelling or being able to travel from one country to another one and being allowed to get back home ..

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
quote:

Mike

Mike, I am afraid you are spot on here ... Time will show, but this is the hard facts on travelling or being able to travel from one country to another one and being allowed to get back home ..

Morten

Yup

There is way too much unrealistic thinking that come July we will all be getting on planes headed to Africa.

Global trade will bounce back. Not global travel. People are how this virus moves and only way to control it is he movement of people.

Look at all these poor people stuck on cruise ships no one wants to take in and even provide aid to friendly countries.

All hub travel is seriously screwed. Why would anyone want to hang out at Dubai airport and be in a place where there are travelers from all over going all over. The worst spot to control a virus.

Any travel will be point to point with testing before getting on a place and at point of entry.

The hub travel model is seriously f@cked - not built for a world of pandemics.

Everything will be domestic for the short term.

This is a new world going forward for the short term.

Unless once is vaccinated borders are not going to open and that is 18 months away.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

+1

I have quarantined my Mom for last 5 weeks and she will be quarantined for next 12-16 weeks with only doctor visits as outing.

There is no great return for being a risk taker in a pandemic.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

It would be awful to be quarantined at Royal Kafue for three months with a checkbook that could stand the entire quota...

3 month quarantine with options of hunting multiple buffalo does not sound too bad

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

3 month quarantine with options of hunting multiple buffalo does not sound too bad

To be honest if I had the means I'd book you, Royal Kafue and the area across the river for 3 months just to find the biggest sable on the place.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9559 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
quote:

Mike

Morten

Yup

There is way too much unrealistic thinking that come July we will all be getting on planes headed to Africa.

Global trade will bounce back. Not global travel. People are how this virus moves and only way to control it is he movement of people.

Look at all these poor people stuck on cruise ships no one wants to take in and even provide aid to friendly countries.

All hub travel is seriously screwed. Why would anyone want to hang out at Dubai airport and be in a place where there are travelers from all over going all over. The worst spot to control a virus.

Any travel will be point to point with testing before getting on a place and at point of entry.

The hub travel model is seriously f@cked - not built for a world of pandemics.

Everything will be domestic for the short term.

This is a new world going forward for the short term.

Unless once is vaccinated borders are not going to open and that is 18 months away.

Mike

I agree. I don't see any international hunting happening this year and we will be lucky to have things open up in 2021. There are really only 2 options to control this disease. #1 A vaccine that is very effective, or #2 herd immunity where 80% of people have contracted the disease and are no longer susceptible. Until then as soon as the restrictions are lifted this thing is going to rear its ugly head right back up and come back. This virus is quite easy to transmit and the only measures to control it are economically devastating.

At some point you have to decide if the cure is worse than the disease. If everyone is out of work for many months and their savings in the stock market are destroyed you will have people dying of suicide, drug abuse and alcoholism. Poverty kills people for a myriad of different reasons. The repercussions of the cure may end up being worse than letting the disease run its course. All we can do is guess at this point. Sweden is taking a very different approach to the rest of the world and within a month we will be able to see how that is going.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I tend to agree. 1 in 2 get cancer these days. Its the greatest plague to afflict us in hundreds of years, 5000 new cases per day just in the USA. It should be news 24/7, people marching on governments for answers. Does it happen no? Meanwhile we get a flu which is less likely to kill you than smoking or being overweight and we stop the world for it....

The idea of locking down against it is also absurd. In Africa during high risk epidemics, a real lockdown is PP suits, no touching, no contact at all. 100% of the population still accessing supermarkets and another 20 types of business is a not a lockdown, its an economic crackdown.

They are using a social bandaid and throwing the economy to the lions in the process. Small business is being fed to big business, so is the budget with these 'stimulus packages'.The worlds elite have their noses in the trough like never before and our kids will be stuck at 2nd world level inflation if it goes too long.

Interesting to see what happens in the 3rd world. If its as bad as they say we should see die offs around 50-100 million+ on each the three least developed continents, south america, Africa and Asia. They can lie about numbers, but they cant hide that many bodies. You will also get additional epidemics especially in africa of the usual cholera, dysentery, starvation etc, once those bodies start to pile up. And well before that, severe civil unrest, as usual they will be crossing each others borders on foot to get away from problems which will start local wars.

If this does not occur, if 1/3 of the world is not a smoking ruin, if the virus is not the country wrecker they make out, I'd like to ask our governments why they poured our middle class down the drain as the first line of defence. Assuming we have enough powers to question them on anything. All the legislation being written up in relation to this situation are another issue.

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote