New
Find
Notify
Tools

CMC trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any experience with CMC single stage triggers in their AR15?

Thanks

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BoomRM
posted Hide Post
I'm in the market for a trigger also, and don't have the convenience in my area to actually see or handle any of the ones I'm interested in. Researching them, the CMC has good reviews, but one of the negatives is the fact that it doesn't secure into the lower - it needs anti-walk pins. The Velocity brand has great reviews, and costs around $30 less. I think it will be the one I end up purchasing.

My .25-06 shoots 1/4" all day long.....

Posts: 82 | Location: Utah | Registered: 29 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a CMC trigger in an AR. No complaints with it. It's a good light trigger. Yes I did put anti-walk pins in, but that's a good idea no matter what trigger you use.

Posts: 574 | Location: Utah | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a 3.5 pound single stage CMC. It turned out to be a good bit heavier on the pull, 4 pounds plus. I called CMC. They were very apologetic, and sent me a replacement trigger immediately in priority mail, along with a prepaid label to return the original.
The second trigger was a tad over 3.5 pounds, close enough.
I am happy with the trigger and their customer service.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am currently using two of them and like the trigger greatly. BoomRM is correct that the trigger uses anti-walk pins, which is a feature that cuts both ways. Theoretically, the pins could loosen under use (mine never have), but the feature also makes installation simpler.

For serious use, I would prefer the Geissele trigger because it doesn't use the anti-walk pins, but I'm not that serious these days. I think the CMC trigger is excellent for any non-duty use.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
good, moderately priced trigger

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in my Remington target varminter ar i got the 2 1/2 lb one what a difference from the stock one which was over 5 lbs.turned this from a 1" group to under .5. easy to install comes with pins.no problems. would purchase one again bill