Find
Notify
Tools

My Inheritance From Grandpa
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted
This shotgun was a hand-me-down from my grandfather. It's an EXTREMELY RARE 10 ga. Parker Bros. lifter with 36" Damascus barrels. I going to put it up for sale shortly. More info later.

Tony Mandile

Get "How To Hunt Coues Deer" at
www.immediateweb.com/TonyMandile

Posts: 3146 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
beautiful shotgun

Posts: 3063 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like an old friend to someone...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 12247 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yes, it does. I suppose my own code of ethics is not PC in this day + time but it would be a cold day in Hell when I sold off my grandfather's shotgun that I inherited. But that's just me.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 13699 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting post Norman Conquest. I don't think that my son is interested in fine anything. He just wants to shoot. Ar15's etc. I have the same issue with my silverware, fine china, fine crystal etc. No interest in such things from the next generation, at least not in my household, as well as some others from what I hear. The desire for quality seems to no longer be there.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10300 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Yes, it does. I suppose my own code of ethics is not PC in this day + time but it would be a cold day in Hell when I sold off my grandfather's shotgun that I inherited. But that's just me.

I’ll add to this.

Looking at this shotgun and it’s condition, I’d hasten to say that you would likely not be able to sell it for anything that would make it worthwhile.
Some things have more personal value than they have actual value.
Believe me, I’m surrounded by these things...

Posts: 2381 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote