THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    We lost a great archer and a fine man -- Dwight Schuh

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We lost a great archer and a fine man -- Dwight Schuh
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I met Dwight in the mid-1970s at the School of Journalism at the University of Oregon. We had a magazine editing class together, and when he found out that I, too, loved to hunt, we had an immediate bond. He was a really good, decent man in addition to being one heck of an archer -- and a very fine writer and editor.
My prayer is that he is sitting at a campfire with Fred Bear, Howard Hill, Saxton Pope, Art Young -- and Ishi -- talking tackle and tactics.

https://www.bowhunting.com/blo...ht-schuh-dies-at-73/

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16292 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An unmeasurable loss for his family, and bowhunting. He was a great family man and the model of integrity. He’ll be sorely missed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed his TV show

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never met him but liked his writing.
Never heard a negative word about him, but lots of praise for being a humble and family man.
RIP

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2627 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grew up reading his articles. He inspired a lot of guys my age. Jim Dougherty was another great bowhunter we lost a few years back to cancer.

Posts: 146 | Location: Parks AZ | Registered: 31 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Never actually met the man face to face but I marketed some of his packs through a local video store where I lived at the time. They were actually built buy a guy a couple miles away from me. I had to talk with Dwight on the phone with my plan that he agreed to. I still have one of his early "Schuh packs".

Dwight was also one of the early pioneers of Bowhunting videos and very involved in the Pope & Young club.

Rest in peace sir. archer

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2785 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
R. I. P. !!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dwight was with me when I killed my first archery bull elk a 6x6 scored 310 pts in Wyo.
He could change a truck engine with his Leatherman. An that was after he finished a marathon race!
Great guy! He will be missed sorely.

Posts: 735 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
IT IS WHEN LOOKING BACK THAT WE TRULY SEE THE GREAT ONES

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For fans of Dwight RMEF has re released ELK Fever 1 and 2, and followed it up with Elk Fever 3 which was filmed just before Dwight passed away.

1 and 2 are some vintage hunting video and gear and #3 captures the heart of a hunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zUbMp2PCtg

The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense

Posts: 781 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 22 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I have missed something here. I have read lots of archery magazines in the mid 80 to late 90s. Somehow I haven't came across Dwights articals.

Thanks for sharing Bill. It seems Dwight was a natural in archery. Maybe he now has rejoined the other pioneers of archery for another hunt.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote