New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mathews Drenalin"slimLimb"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
handled the Mathews Drenalin recently, seems a neat bit of gear. The ultra slim/trimness is real welcome turn on.Mathews Drenalin.
anyone else fondled it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have mine on order right now....there is a little more vibration than the XT, I love how light it is

Posts: 67 | Location: Lubbock Texas | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shot it yesterday. Only 2 arrows, but was impressed and it is years ahead of my old PSE that I have been shooting. Very light like most all Matthews are, but was surprised at how little handshock there was. Nice bow. I may be switching to Matthews this year.

Posts: 58 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 24 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
That's a real nice looking bow. Wouldn't mind having one.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are nice.Spent a afternoon shooting one.Just wasn't enough there to make me give up my 05 Switchback though.

Posts: 34 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktail53
posted Hide Post
I ran about 20 shot's through the Drenalin last night. 28" @ 70#. This is a demo bow at our local dealer.
Good design. Love the slimmer limbs and pockets. Lighter in weight than most of their previous bows. A real eye catcher.

Comparing it to the ROSS cr334 with the same spec's Well, almost (27.5" @ 70#0).

Both bow's are excellent products that show careful thought to engineering.

The biggest difference to me was the amount of energy I had to use to break through the initial power stroke of the cam. The Mathews was much harder. The Ross was much smoother with a less abrupt drop into the valley. Both had good walls and could be held and shot easily.

I could shoot the Ross a lot longer before I got tired. I liked both bows a lot. But given the choice I would have walked off with the Ross.

No dawg in the fight either. I shoot a Hoyt Ultratec and love that bow. BT

Elk, it's what's for dinner..

Posts: 267 | Location: So. Oregon | Registered: 11 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktail53
posted Hide Post
I should add that both could be shot without a bow sling. They just sat in my hand at the shot - no recoil or shock at all.

The Ross was easier to let down if I decided not to shoot the arrow. It also cost about $200 less than the Drenalin, tagged at well into $800 ! BT

Elk, it's what's for dinner..

Posts: 267 | Location: So. Oregon | Registered: 11 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It seems to be the sweetest & dealist bow around for 2007.Though it's slightly pricy!

One of Us
Picture of James Walker
posted Hide Post
My friend has a Drenalin its an awsome bow i have shot it a number of times, must say it is extreamly smooth and has very little shock would love to get my hands on one

Posts: 40 | Location: South Africa. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With Quote