Find
Notify
Tools

Feeding Problems
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Mo
posted
Purchased a M-70 on e-bay last week. Put three in the mag, close the bolt on an empty chamber and it takes 2-3 to chamber a round.
What usually causes this and is it an easy fix in most cases. I think this is a factory rifle with a stock uprade "classic super express" on the barrel with a "super grade" floor plate added? the rifle is a lh model.
thanks for the help.

Posts: 237 | Location: Ga. | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Mo
posted Hide Post
It takes two or three trys to chamber a round. Confused

one of us
posted Hide Post
I didnt now you could sell guns on ebay

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What caliber? Is the rifle a CRF?

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Assumming the rounds are not high enough to be caught by the bolt, If you want to experiment I would bend out the lips of the magazine box allowing the rounds to raise up a little bit. Other than that I would be lost for suggestions.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Mo
posted Hide Post
Don't know why I said e-bay???? Gun Broker!!
Classic Super Express, 375 H&H. The primer end of the shell hangs and won't come up high enough.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
make sure that the feed spring is in the right way, not backwards

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Assumming the rounds are not high enough to be caught by the bolt, If you want to experiment I would bend out the lips of the magazine box allowing the rounds to raise up a little bit. Other than that I would be lost for suggestions.

By bending the feed lips out you are putting the rounds further down. You want to push the rounds closer together. DO this by bending ever so slightly inward.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5507 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If this rifle was not originally a 375 the rails at the rear will need to be modified. The rails tail in at the back which normally rests behind the mag box block on the standard "short magnum" chamberings. These tails need to be milled parallel to the rest of the rails to allow the back of the cartridge to sit higher in the box.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Mo
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I think you hit the nail on the head. I believe this rifle was converted to 375 so I have returned the rifle for a refund.
Thanks for your help guys.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Mo,
You may want to read my post about what Brown Precision told me about making a medium length action into a longer one.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote