Find
Notify
Tools

Scholarship Rifle - (PUBLICITY TEAM)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
Per Forrest's request, I have started a publicity thread for the Scholarship Rifle Project.

If anyone is interested in helping me develop some ideas and strategies regarding the raffling of this rifle, I welcome you to write me here or send me a PM.

Thank you, one and all, for any help you might want to offer to this aspect of this very worthwhile project.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

My wife has agreed to put together a brochure or flier as needed. I'll send a group PM to Mark Stratton, Roger Kehr, 577NitroExpress, and Steven Dodd Hughes with her contact info so the necessary materials can be forwarded to he. I suppose we need to agree on the format, etc.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok guys, I guess I'll start off with the first thing I think would help out with this project.

First I have to say that I'm a retard when it comes to a lot of computer related things. My wife say I can turn a computer on, surf AR, look at dirty pictures and down load photos from my digital camera. Anything beyond that, well, you're best to keep me out of the kitchen so to speak.

In order to pulicize this very worthwhile venture, I think that we should establish a webpage somewhere.

So, I ask whomever visits this thread, does anyone have any knowledge of this type of stuff, or know of someone who might donate the use of a webpage for a year or two to be used to advertise this scholarship rifle project and raffle?

Also, does anyone know how to create and maintain webpages? If so, would you care to donate your knowledge to this project?

I would like this website to be used for anyone who is interested is learning about this project and for anyone who is interested in purchasing a raffle ticket.

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
z1r:

A hearty thanks to you and your wife for the offer!

577NitroExpress

posted Hide Post
Hello:
Name's Robb Lucas, new member to this site. I write for Precision Shooting magazine, editor is Dave Brennan. I'll be in Milwaukee to cover the NRA Conv, also the Side-by-Side championships in Grays Lake. I did not know your honoree, Mrs. Searcy, but think what you guys are doing is incredible. I'll be happy to meet with someone at NRA Friday to discuss getting a piece together for PS, the subscribers of which are riflemen, and maybe that will help promote raffle tickets. Anytime, just have to be at the Krieger booth
3 p.m. Friday for pick-up, they're putting on a writer's seminar at their shop. Duane Wiebe builds the best-looking stocks of anybody in the business, my opinion, and this one will be very special.
Shoot me a note at home if you like:
rjllake@up.net
Robb
perfect.

Gentlemen:
Name is Robb Lucas, I write for Precision Shooting magazine, editor is Dave Brennan. I'll be at the NRA event to cover a Krieger Barrel seminar for PS, 3:00 p.m. Friday, and prior to that will be wandering the exhibits. I did not know your honoree, do think what you guys are doing is extraordinary. Duane Wiebe is a long-time friend, my opinion the very best in his field and a great choice to carve your rifle's stock. If it will help you get word out, I'll be happy to meet with your publicity guys at NRA and put together a piece for the magazine. Our subscribers are riflemen and their subject is extreme rifle accuracy. Shoot me a note at my email address if I can help, rjllake@up.net.
Robb

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Robb,

While you're at the NRA Convention why don't you stop and see me. I'll be in booth 200, right up front, end of the row. I think we need some help advertizing this project. Thanks

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Robb,

Welcome to AR and welcome to our thread. I do hope you'll take the time to visit with Mark at the NRA show. There are several stories that could, and should, be told about this project. Almost everyone involved has two things in common: an appreciation for fine rifles and their individual memories of one or more teachers that really made an impression on them. This endeavor is about Sheryl and the tremendous impact she had on her students, but it’s also about all the other teachers out there who are just like her.

Our aim is to build a remarkable rifle, but our hope is to build a remarkable teacher. If our scholarship recipient ends up teaching in a public school system, he/she will almost certainly be involved in numerous gun control conversations and debates. If they have the strength to tell their story of how a rifle helped make their career possible, then we will have been successful beyond our dreams.

We have four of the finest craftsmen in the custom gun trade working to build that remarkable teacher. We'll see their rifle in less than a year, but we won't see the final product of their labor for at least five years. It's been a long time since we've seen a "guns and schools" story with a positive connotation, so we decided to write our own.

I hope you can interest your editor and readers in our custom rifle project, but please remember to tell them how and why it came together.

Thank you for any help you might provide,
Forrest Bruch

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello Forrest:
I will indeed spend time with Mark Stratton at Booth 200, hopefully will meet some of the other AR contributors. From the writing standpoint, this is just a great project that deserves visibility. So we will cover the bases, get material for whatever shape piece the editor wants to publish. I'll ask him to post my check to the fund, as well.
See you in Milwaukee or Grays Lake, I hope
Robb

Gentlemen:
Name is Robb Lucas, I write for Precision Shooting magazine, editor is Dave Brennan. I'll be at the NRA event to cover a Krieger Barrel seminar for PS, 3:00 p.m. Friday, and prior to that will be wandering the exhibits. I did not know your honoree, do think what you guys are doing is extraordinary. Duane Wiebe is a long-time friend, my opinion the very best in his field and a great choice to carve your rifle's stock. If it will help you get word out, I'll be happy to meet with your publicity guys at NRA and put together a piece for the magazine. Our subscribers are riflemen and their subject is extreme rifle accuracy. Shoot me a note at my email address if I can help, rjllake@up.net.
Robb

one of us
posted Hide Post
(This is also in the main raffle thread, but probably belongs here.)

My son-in-law Eric is developing the website for the rifle project and needs digital photos of previous projects done by each of the four craftsmen. It would be preferable for the photos to come from the men themselves. However, some of you (like Forrest) may have a photo of one of these guy's work that you might like to share.

Pictures of both work-in-progress and finished work are desired, as are those actually showing both the man and the work. We will give each of the four an opportunity to see and approve the pictures of their work before we put them up. If you know the photographer's name, let Eric know so he can give them credit.

Please email the pictures and as much info as possible to Eric Anderson at <eanderson@houston.rr.com>.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote