Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

19lbs and on the way Login/Join

One of Us
posted
OK guys, I know this is not a centerfire, but I thought you might appreciate it.

My 4 bore muzzleloader should ship this week. 19 lbs. 31" tapered barrel 1-3/4" to 1-1/2".

I have the ball mould coming with it. I was able to find wads, etc on line. Just need a bottle of asprin and I should be good to go.

Thanks for letting me share!

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! That's a big squirrel gun Wink

Posts: 1244 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
Kynoch,

That's a pretty cool smoke pole. I tried to have October Country build me one a long time ago, but they quit making them. If you don't mind me asking, who built yours? PM if you would rather...

Thanks

Matt V.

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done. thumb Is it rifled or a smooth bore?

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a very fine rifle.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the comments.

The barrel has Forsyth rifling (narrow lands, shallow grooves, slow twist) and is .985 bore.

The rifle is offered by the Gun Works in Oregon (http://www.thegunworks.com/) They also own the Oregon Barrel Compant (They offer barrels up to 2 bore). The people there (Joe and his wife Suzi) are very nice to deal with. I believe that they have a number of gunsmiths building for them. By the way, they have a used Gefroh 4 bore percussion Jaeger for sale.

I missed out on the first rifle that they had for sale. I saw it again in last years Gun Digest or Guns Illustrated in the custom muzzleloader section.

I too looked at having October Country build the rifle but they were no longer offering their rifles at the time.

One thing that I really do like about the Gun Works rifles is that they seem to be scaled more appropriately. For example, they make a scaled lockplate and hammer for this rifle and use the workings from a standard large lock. Some of the big bore that I have seen seem to have a rather small lock up against an oversize barrel and stock.

Thanks again

One of Us
posted Hide Post
very nice!!!

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Me thinks that should definately be adequate for deerasaurus. Wink

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote