Find
Notify
Tools

Big BC Muley Bucks from 2005
 Login/Join

Picture of Canuck
posted
Gentlemen/Ladies,

I have been collecting a few photos from this season and thought I might share some of them with you guys/gals.

I am sure quite a few of you have probably seen this first one. Its a potential new BC record, shot in the Peace Country by outfitter Randy Bedell (or a client...my details on this one are sketchy). It apparently green scores 208 and change...NET! Check out the spread and DEEP forks...

Here's another, better quality pic of the rack at the local Gun Shop (which many of you BC/AB boy's will likely recognize...)

NEXT, my good buddy's son tagged this nice buck early in the Reg 7 deer season this year. It nets just over 180, and grosses in the mid-190's...

LAST but not LEAST, my best friend and sheep hunting partner tagged this monster late in the season this year. Sadly, I was not there for it. Needless to say, I am green with envy and wish I coulda been there. I am ecstatic that he finally pulled the trigger on something big though! He's famous for letting his buddies do all the shooting. Big Grin If anyone deserves this buck, its him. thumb It grosses over 202 and nets 192 and change...

Sure makes you wish our seasons were longer, eh! Man...only 8 months til next season! Frowner

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics, Canuck. Sure makes me dream about the one (or actually two) that got away this fall. Neither of them would have been as heavy as the ones you show, though they were nice bucks.

Frans (life temporarily revolves around 2x4's, 3 1/4" nails, and a framing hammer...)

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there's been some awfully good bucks coming out of Canada lately--sure makes a guy want to go up and visit----thanks for the pics--chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Murf
posted Hide Post
I recently saw a 203 B&C whitetail that nets 198 7/8, have been sent a pic of a 209 whitetail and tonight heard of a non typical mulie that goes somewheres around 247! All shot in Sask The whiteys came from north of Regina. I believe the muley was from North Battleford. Pretty sketchy details on that one though.

Posts: 14361 | Location: Sask. Canada | Registered: 04 December 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I recall a few of the muledeer gurus (Valerius Geist?) predicting a world record out of "some little pocket of British Columbia", decades ago. Hasn't happened yet but bucks like this one certainly indicate the genetics are there. He reminds me a lot of the No.1 typical Wyoming buck.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Nick, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Saw a pic in Big Buck Magazine of a monster typical killed by 13yo last year. And a local outfitter friend of mine has killed 190 bucks in each of the last two years.

There is lots of muley habitat in BC that sees very little hunting pressure each year!

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Canuck, Thanks for sharing those monster mulies. Hunted with Darrel Schneider back in '94 and got a 218 gross (22 pts) only 17" inside. Love the mass on these northern deer. I'll try to post a picture.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Here goes nothing! It's the one in the center of course...

1994 buck

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
There is lots of muley habitat in BC that sees very little hunting pressure each year!

yes, that was the thinking, country so rough and inaccessable that there are undisturbed populations. Good place to get dropped in for a week or two. Sounds nice, eh?

308 Sako - Great buck! Got a killsite photo somewhere?

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Nickudu, If you look closely, you will see to the upper left a picture with me on the ground with him, and "in his horns" a picture as I approached him, and to the right a picture of Darrel carrying him out. But unfortunately none which are digital as yet.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Great buck, but the photo is unavailable on your link.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Whats the deal with the eyes of the hunters cut out?

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:
Whats the deal with the eyes of the hunters cut out?

Some people are still leary about being identified on the internet. Smiler

Cheers,
Canuck

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
What do they hide from...i dont give a rats freckle how many times my pic is posted...hmmm strange stuff to me when one shoots big trophies like that but dosent want to be seen with them.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Some guys just don't like the idea of it I guess.

Plus, some guys tend to be secretive about their hunting successes, so that no-one tries to figure out where there secret hunting patch is!!

Anyway, its their call and I am just respecting their privacy.

Cheers,
Canuck

posted Hide Post
Disclaimer - this is my first attempt a posting photos, so bear with me...

Here's one that a few of you have probably already seen on another B.C. site. This buck net scores pretty low as he is pretty uneven, but he grosses somewhere around 185" IIRC, not bad for a 3X4! His one side scores over 90". Shot by my main hunting buddy, at about 35 yards in the timber after he had tracked it for a mile or so. He was a brute in body size as well.

And here is our group after ~ 9 days of hard hunting, this November. The non-typical rack on the left was found by one of the guys, it is a cougar kill from last winter. The next one is a nice typical that scores somewhere in the 180" range, the next one is the above buck, and the one on the right grosses about 202". You'll have to excuse my guesstimating of the scores, I'm not really a numbers guy - someone else there did all the measuring, so I'm just repeating what I can remember. All in all, a pretty good week! The ground in this area is THICK, brushy,and there are really no openings. Shots tend to average in the 15-35 yard range.

Posts: 8 | Location: Kamloops, B.C., Canada | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Kevin,

I'd say that better than a "good" week!! Awesome stuff. Those are some fine mulies. Congrats!

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Canuck

posted Hide Post
KevinB - Nice to see a group of young friends hunting hard and enjoying success. Damn nice photos. I hope you fellas hunt many, many times together, for decades to come. Love that close huntin' in the snow! thumb Bet you guys sneak up on bedded bucks now and then. That's the best. Welcome to the Forum.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
one of lancasters outfits got a potential b.c.record have you seen a pic of it? a friend
was supposed to send me one but haven't got it
yet

Posts: 136 | Location: s.e. bc | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen one from the Lancaster's yet. If you get any pics, please post 'em!

Cheers,
Canuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kevin B--now that's a nice lineup--do you guys need another friend???--tell your bud's congrats and job well done yourself--chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by csutton77(formerly csutton7):
job well done yourself--chris

Just to be clear...none of that headgear was procured by me, not for lack of trying though! The closest I cam was to help with meat packing. I ended up shooting a small 4X4 a couple weeks later. Oh well, maybe next year!

Oh, BTW, there are no more big deer left in B.C. - they all died in the winter - these were the last of them. Everyone needs to go to Alberta... Smiler

Posts: 8 | Location: Kamloops, B.C., Canada | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote