THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    470 NE Lee Factory Crimp Dies Available!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

470 NE Lee Factory Crimp Dies Available!
 Login/Join

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted
From the other thread:

I just spoke to Lee and they WILL make a 470NE factory crimp die.

They are made on the 1&1/4" body, and they still need a seated bullet in an empty case with each order... each die will be "custom."

Cost: $50 + $4 S&H.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you have a contact at Lee I can contact or just call their Customer Service to place an order?

Thanks

Posts: 395 | Location: West Coast | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
new_guy:

Thanks for the folllow up.. that is good news.

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Just call thier CS number... the girl that answered the phone knew exactly what I was talking about. So even the receptionist is up to speed on this new offering.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
Told ya!

Geronimo

Posts: 816 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Yes, Geronomo get's the "told ya so" rights.

In fairness to the others that commented, however, there isn't anything on Lee's site about these new crimping dies.

Well done Geronomo. If you hadn't mentioned it, we never would have called. thumb

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
They have had this policy for at least a year now. I ordered mine from Lee last April after talking to them about it before that. I had read on AR for a while before then that Lee would make such crimps for those that requested it.
It took about 2 months for my 470 crimp to come in after ordering it.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spring:
They have had this policy for at least a year now. I ordered mine from Lee last April after talking to them about it before that. I had read on AR for a while before then that Lee would make such crimps for those that requested it.

Spring, does LEE make a regular die set for 470NE? I really don't care about the crimping feature.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
I don't know for sure, MacD37, but I looked on their web site and didn't see them listed among the dies they offer. The ones I have were made by RCBS and they work great. These dies have the crimping feature built into them. Crimping with my RCBS dies does work, but I think I get more consistent crimps with a pure crimping die like the ones from Lee and the extra step isn't a big deal as I'm usually not making that many bullets at one time when loading for my .470.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just off the phone with Lee, confirmed $50 plus 4 bucks shipping, my empty 470 case and projectile going into the mail to Lee.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spring:

Spring,

I got a hold of a clueless poor young lasse at Lee. She told me that the die would not fit into my RCBS ammomaster as the thread pattern was different?

Is this true?

I think not.

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Lee uses a 1.25 X14 thread for their big dies. I think (but not sure) that RCBS is a 1"X14 under the bushing.
Pop the plug and look!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lee lists their 50 cal dies as 1-1/4 by 12 thread on their website. On my Ammomaster, I bought a Hornady Lock N Load Conversion bushing for my 470 NE dies...it is sized 1-1/4 by 12 thread.

I'd say Ammomaster folks should be good to go.

hth

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes the the thread size is 1 1/4" on the RCBS presses once you unscrew the bushing, as are most presses which have a similar bushing. The large body dies go right in.

Geronimo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, I forgot to mention, this set up works just fine with the Rock Chucker Supreme. Don't really need a big honkin press for the nitro expresses.

Geronimo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome gentlemen,

Thank you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mailed unloaded 470 Nitro round on 3/06/06. Received the Lee crimp today, 3/30/06...xlint workmanship, screws right into my Ammomaster.