New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dove and ducks in Argentina
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a friend of mine looking for a dove and duck hunt in Argentina. Are there any well known outfitters there that are consistently doing a good job that I can direct my friends to that you know of?
Thanks

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nube,

I hunted 2x with John at Sporting Destinations and both trips were top notch.

Hawkeye

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Contact Juan Pozzi who posts frequently on this thread.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye47:
Nube,

I hunted 2x with John at Sporting Destinations and both trips were top notch.

Hawkeye

John Airala?
I am afraid I would not reccomend him with too much emphasis Roll Eyes

A small sample of how much opinions can vary Wink
http://forums.accuratereloadin...4107165/m/1371031311

On the other side, Juan Pozzi has proved again and again to be what you might expect (and some more Wink), just read some related threads in here...

Good luck and hope your friend might enjoy his trip & hunt whatever his (or your) choice might turn up to be! tu2

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John Airala never again Mad

There is nothing as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Posts: 265 | Location: south texas | Registered: 30 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Look for best deals with the most free ammo available. Surface prices may look good, but costs can skyrocket when shooting several hundred to a thousand rounds a day and buying 25 round boxes of their ammo. Just my opine.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
The profits for the outfitters are not on the daily rates but on the shotshells you shoot..

Shoot like crazy and you will have a very happy outfitter, start selecting your shots and get prepare for a rare atmosphere at dinner Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I also would not reccomend John Airala.I booked a trip with him years ago.The hunting was good but it took 40 to 50 phone calls and emails and almost 2 years and another $500.00 to get my horns and capes back.and the capes were rotted.

Posts: 17 | Location: Chicago ill USA | Registered: 03 December 2010Reply With Quote