New
Find
Notify
Tools

FELIZ DIA DEL AMIGO
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In Argentina today is the Day of The Friend. So, a very happy day to all our AR friends.
beer

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a holiday created by beer manufacturers... (Great idea for a Holiday -- my buddies and I use Texas Independence day (March 16) for that purpose whenever possible.)

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have heard form some Argetinias of this day before. Can you explain where it comes from, or how old this tradition is?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." (Attributed to George Orwell).

Posts: 72 | Location: Aalborg Denmark (sometimes Mexico) | Registered: 12 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Day of the Friend (Dia del Amigo) was invented back in 1963 by Mr. Febbraro, who still lives and is aged 83, as far as I know.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
And in remembrance of Armstrong's first step on the moon ....

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote