Find
Notify
Tools

Dorado and Stags?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
My wife speaks Spanish and is scared to death of Africa, at least at this point I'd like to start planning a family vacation (that doesn't involve mice or Walt Disney).

I am interested in Argentina as I think the fincas will be easier to digest than a remote river in the Amazon.

Can golden dorado be caught at the same time stags are in hard antler?

What are some family friendly activities for Argentina outside of hunting in June or July?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yes & you can throw in a bit of duck hunting too.

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
I did both in one trip. Be forewarned, when the stag are roaring is not the best time for catching dorado.

The fishing outfitter said it was a transition time when they switch from dorado to Suribi. We did have bad weather and river conditions while I was there. I don't know how much a role that played.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote