Find
Notify
Tools

April in Arg. photos
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
I found a job in San Francisco....and I also gained quite a few pounds.

Combat training with the air soft rifles and handguns....the hunter as prey. This was great fun and my first experience with air soft pieces....they are incredible....

My turn to defend the barn.....and get shot in the process....I had the pistol, they had the autos. I was hiding in the barn. Mauro was fast. I thought I had him as he came around the corner; I don't think I scored a hit!

The "gang." Guess who doesn't have camo? Wait till next time....

At night with live ammo....This was also great fun, shooting at life size silhouettes....

Ducks. The duck shooting was fine. But the mosquitos were out this night.

And more ducks.....

Saturday night in Buenos Aires with Ricardo, his wife, and her nephew....

Am I anxious to get back with these wonderful friends.....? Yes, and very soon, I hope..

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Cooooooooooooooooool Cool Cool Cool Cool

You indeed had a hell of a time ... thanks for sharing these pics !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We have a lot of fun next time sporting clay and helice shooting ,knife and tomahawk hunts,and human hunts with airsoft mp5s.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Martin the rhodesian hat is a present from DON HEATH so i use it with great pride.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We use airsoft guns to train with local cops with great succes the trainiing isnt expensive and provides a lot of realism .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Very fine pictures guys, and im looking forward to my trip down there with great excitement.

The Rhodie Camo is very fine camo and its a shame that Rhodesia arnt any more.....

The steak restaurant looks superb and the beef even better.

Soft guns are looked upon as "paramillitary training" here and many wont to have it banned.

I will particapete in the Air soft training.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
Martin the rhodesian hat is a present from DON HEATH so i use it with great pride.Juan

Indeed there are more than enough reasons to be proud of it, my friend ! Cool Cool Big Grin

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr rigby:
Very fine pictures guys, and im looking forward to my trip down there with great excitement.

The Rhodie Camo is very fine camo and its a shame that Rhodesia arnt any more.....

The steak restaurant looks superb and the beef even better.

Soft guns are looked upon as "paramillitary training" here and many wont to have it banned.

I will particapete in the Air soft training.

Indeed you are being quite active in this south american forum, Mr Rigby ! thumb
When are you coming ?

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
We use airsoft guns to train with local cops with great succes the trainiing isnt expensive and provides a lot of realism .Juan

You have included a nice bonus in your already excellent service !! clap clap clap

Now, that reminds me that a loooooong time has passed since the last time I went to San Francisco ...... Wink Big Grin

Μολὼν λάβε

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
winter time, when the account wants it.... And also if the new jobplan is getting in order i might be travelling with company ammunition to test ti it in South America.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Rigby: we´ll be waiting. What a mix, Norwegian, English and Spanish!. Funny indeed. And winter is the best epoch for my money to land in the Pampas....sunny and dry. I love it although for a man of the cold like you are, here we have almost a spring time.
Willkommen

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Martín: perhaps Juan could offer an unical service in the world: hunting and surgical treatments Big Grin. Some indiscreet people says that he is an excellent surgeon, albeit too fond of the chase. stir

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6971/pict3294ch9.jpg

Well here is a picture of me , so i wont be taken for the President and there for being the ruler of Argentina.. dancing lol

It will be a mix of guys, all out on hunting.

Thanks to the Enviroemt chance it gets a bit warmer here in the summer, but colder in the winter also , so ill manage the spring temperatures in your beautiful country.

I wondered on that when my rifle is licensed and ok to bring into the Argentina, will it be possible to buy another rifle in a sporting goods store to have at Juans for other tours later so i wont have to bring a rifle from home?

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nainital:
Martín: perhaps Juan could offer an unical service in the world: hunting and surgical treatments Big Grin. Some indiscreet people says that he is an excellent surgeon, albeit too fond of the chase. stir

Ricardo. From what I have learned Juan is a most excellent surgeon and, one can never be too fond of the chase. He does both exceedingly well.

I have suggested to him that he work with the engineers at Microsoft to devise a chip that he could implant above my right ear that when pressed make me an excellent Spanish speaker.

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Rigby: I´m no expert in firearms law, but I believe that your quest is possible, albeit you must first be licensed like a legitimate firearms owner (which involves several steps and certificates, including a psychiatrist´s one). Perhaps you may ask in the nearest Argentine Consulate. It should be much easier to borrow a gun from Juan or other Argentine resident.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill: I must confess that I admire very much your efforts for learning Spanish, what with being a boy a little long in the teeth and making so intense school chores. Well done, Señor!. Wink

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
A psychiatrist?s opinion? Confused Well i will enquire with the Consulate in Oslo and seewhat they say.
I`ll find out what the consulate says, but i will deceide after the first tour what will happen.

I was just thinking on perhaps have a duo of Mauser 1909 receiver based custom rifles in say 300 adn 458 would be a fine duo to have over at the Estancia and not having the hassles of bringing an rifle with me for the trips.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Rigby: sadly, the firearms´ owner certificate requires an opinion from a psychiatrist and another from a physician, both declaring you to be "apto" (able) to own firearms, plus a certificate from a registered firearms instructor, plus a digital picture, plus your fingerprints...plus some $$$ in forms and perhaps the work of a person who deals with such chores (we call them "gestores") and is very useful, all things considered. Ah, there is a waiting period due to bureaucracy of some 4 months, unless you select the quick way, which of course means more $$$. Your decision seems very intelligent, of course. I own a 300 Winnie on a 1909 and it is the most accurate gun in my rack.
Good luck.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Carajo!!! If those are the requirements, I am doomed. And it is not fair. One has to be a bit crazy to do the things we do..... banana

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
Carajo!!! (....)

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Indeed you have learnt those unique expressions in spanish to say a lot with just one word, Bill !!

Congratulations on such an effort and willingness, I am sure that in no time at all you will express yourself as a pure gaucho !

jumping

Μολὼν λάβε

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
I hope i wont be in the office of a psychiatrist that looks a bit like Penelope Cruz..... cause then i will never get the necesseary paperwork done lol

I have said to some people here that im thinking about hunting wild boar with a knife or a spear, and the yprobably think i need a psychiatrist Big Grin

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Irecommend every argentine member go to african reports and see the report of my friend guillermo we will make a big meeting at my farm to hunt partriges with ll the AR members.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Bill im hunting in my farms since friday we sleeped there since i have several friends hunting here ,all my family are hunting partriges a great tradition among us ,indeed my father reserves a farm only for the family at the afternoon we killed some ducks too we will continue hunting tomorrow ,i wish you were here,everybody is hunting ,i saw a lot of people hunting,and gunshops are without more hunting permits due to the high demand ,HUNTING CONTINUES BEING A GREAT TRADITION HERE .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Juan, I wish I was there as well.....the day will come, and soon, I hope.

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill im hunting in my farms since friday we sleeped there since i have several friends hunting here ,all my family are hunting partriges a great tradition among us ,indeed my father reserves a farm only for the family at the afternoon we killed some ducks too we will continue hunting tomorrow ,i wish you were here,everybody is hunting ,i saw a lot of people hunting,and gunshops are without more hunting permits due to the high demand ,HUNTING CONTINUES BEING A GREAT TRADITION HERE .Juan

Cool Big Grin thumb

Vamos Cordoba !!!!

Μολὼν λάβε