Find
Notify
Tools

argintina buff and puma photos
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of madabula
posted
This water buffalo was shot in Argintina summer 05.

I just finished them. Due to some serious hang ups in customs and finding a way to get all the trophies out of quarentine and decontaminated.

One thing to be aware of is that USDA in no joke on South American Buffalo parts coming in clean of all flesh and blood due to tighter mad cow restrictions. So make sure your outfitter and preperator has the skulls and horns very clean!

Mike

Posts: 290 | Location: louisville ky | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Most impressive! The alligator is superb. Is there a story behind the gaur photo?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Madabula: as far as I know, in South America we didn´t have any case of the mad cow disease.
Regards

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nainital:
Madabula: as far as I know, in South America we didn´t have any case of the mad cow disease.
Regards

The only mad cows are the wives of the hunters who travel there to hunt. clap

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of madabula
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 15 February 2007 07:58 Hide Post
Most impressive! The alligator is superb. Is there a story behind

quote:
Most impressive! The alligator is superb. Is there a story behind the gaur photo?

Thanks! We freezedry the gator heads which helps hold the details!

The Guar has a couple stories. We did the lifesize mount (many years ago when I still had hair) After a few years the gentleman passed and we were commissioned to cut it in half so that it would fit the new owners room. Around that time they were listed and I tried to talk the guy out of it since it was becoming a rare specimen. But uimately it was to be done by us or someone else, so he ended up coming and going on opposite sides of a room.

One of Us
Picture of madabula
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 16 February 2007 16:26 Hide Post

I am not aware of it being there either but I'm told with the recent links between it and CWD the guard is up and ultimately our USDA and USFWL are now holding hard lines!