Find
Notify
Tools

FRANCISCO GARRIDO HUNTER-TRAPPER DIED.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
Francisco Garrido a granfather of my wife died on sunday mourning at 95 years old ,he was a great hunter-trapper,and taugth me almost everything i know about such maters,we hunted a lot in the patagonia ,my best boars was killed thanks to his tracker abilities ,rest in peace trapper .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
I meet "the trapper" in person a wonderfull tuff man, I Hope I will die a the same age and way, still remember His jurasic fossils colections colected by him in the patagonia climbs. Hunt in Peace!!! Shurely will be with Paimun and others old friends. Thank for the Tribute, My condolences to the familly , specially to Flavia and to Pachi for His GT Mountain Bike lost......

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
My sincere condolences to Flavia and her family. This man was someone I would have enjoyed meeting.
May he rest in peace after a long and wonderful life.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan, I am sadden for your loss, but I know you and your family have many wonderful memories of this great man that will carry you through.

Francisco kind of reminds me of my maternal grandfather Pierre Dufrene, who made his living hunting, fishing, and trapping. My grandfather died at the age of 94, one hell of a man.

Perhaps they are hunting together in some celestrial marsh, my grandfather with his LC Smith 12ga and Francisco with his favorite shotgun. I have to smile at the thought. Would they speak in Spanish or French?

Take care my friend, good days are ahead.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
He was a great man in every sense,and he lived a wonderfull life,the dog in the photo is ALUMINE ,an old beach,i took the photo while crossing the RIO NEGRO river ,going to hunt ñandues and hogs.He had only 4 guns a nsw38 aside by side 12 gauge ,a 22,and an old mauser,and he killed more game that i will kill in all my life.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I'm also sorry for your loss. He sounded like an interesting man...one of the best things you can about anyone!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Juan,my friend so sad to know this... I know how much you loved & respected Francisco !

I have been out for sometime since I have to deal with my own quota of sadness due to this *^?@# virus of the swine flu which infected my son Facundo... happily it seems to be over

Some months ago Jorge left us and now Francisco... Frowner Frowner a generation of true gentleman hunters is preceeding us in the path of life... rest in peace !! salute

My deepest condolences to both you and Flavia !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote