Find
Notify
Tools

South American Stags
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.parquerincondeluna.com/redstag.htm[/url]

Anybody hunted with this Outfitter. There are some Great Red Stags there...

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Obviously not free range animals.

"Special trophies 350 / 400 + point CLASS S.C.I. are available"

Nothing wrong with hunting on a fenced property if the size of the property is big.

But a water buffalo the size of the one of their webpage needs a LOT of years to grow up like that....it was born there ?? in that habitat ???

Moufflon, red stag, water buffalo, horned sheep Roll Eyes, axis deer, fallow deer..all in the same place ?? Wink

In their benefit I will say that their web page is very good, it seems the place is beatiful, and hunting in that kind of terrain is always challenging.

With good wine, food and a gorgeous secretary will be a nice place to go hunting Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
With good wine, food and a gorgeous secretary will be a nice place to go hunting

jumping

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Mr. Somarriba, from Somarriba Guns in Miami-FL Shot a Deer in this place, and there are a advertise on their gunshop website about this ranch.Of course is a private fenced ranch into the Cordoba (My province) Hills, very hide into the mountains, but I dont know how soo big.
None of the specie are native from Cordoba, all breeded, specialy the Red Stag, because started like a Breeding cabaing, is only opened for foreign people.Regards.G.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo ,is totally rigth ,in this ranch you will be hunting in a zoo .
Its a very small place with no really wild game,but its ideal for trophy collectors ....

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its a very small place with no really wild game,but its ideal for trophy collectors ....

Thanks guys, i understand it is more an South African or Texas Style hunt...

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,

I know the place and some neighbour`s ranches.
In a few years all the places around that property would be very good to hunt for free range animals, mostly Red Deer, escaped the fence...!! There are some beautiful hidden, and dificult to reach, places in that area...

Regards,

PH

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
PH,

Those are WONDERFUL news... Big Grin

I'm sure that with those beatiful landscapes that Cordoba Province has, it will be a great place to go after red stags.

BTW, Juan and Guille, I am going to Cordoba next january to attend the annual meeting of the IETS (International Embryo Transfer Society) that will be at the Sheraton Hotel during the 9th and the 13th.

It will take some time before this meeting will take place again in South America so I am not going to loose the oportunity of being there.

I have already done the reservations !! thumb

See you there !!

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Loenzo; If I am here and not in Punta or Mexico, You will hunt wildboard free with me at my farm. Shurelly Juan will offers You Hunt millions of doves & others species like "cats" animal Be in touch.Rgs.Guille.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo: are you an internationally transferred embryo?. I don´t understand.....(sorry, I couldn´t resist)
sofa

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

It's about animal embryos (cattle, sheep, horses, etc). All the big companies around the world involved in genetics will be there and some of the latest research data will be presented there.

Some of us, when we are not hunting, we are trying to provide food solutions for the rest of the mortals.

At least for those that will be able to pay for the most juicy ribeye a steer can provide Big Grin

L

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I will explain it a little more..

We get the oocytes from the cow by OPU (ovum pick up) and we inseminate them with sexed semen. The embryos produced will be transfered in receips cows with no genetic value, just cheap cows, but their offsprings will be very valuable as the oocytes donor cows and the bull semen used are premium genetics (big ribeye area, marbling, low birth weight, better milk, etc, etc)

If we are working with dairy farms we will produce only femals so the milk production will increase and the farmer will not have to deal with a dairy steer that it's expensive to fed and don't has to much beef value.

In the other hand, if we are working with people producing beef animals for the feedlots, we will transfer male embryos as the beef steer is much more valuable than the female for the beef industry..

Also we work for improve semen colecting technics, embryo handling, etc.

Well, in VERY few words I explained you how I make my living Big Grin

L

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Well one more:

Check the web site of one of my labs.

www.quiniman.com

L