New
Find
Notify
Tools

Archery equipment question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am traveling to Argentina next week and a friend of mine asked me if I could bring him some archery supplies. Everything on his list seems easy enough except for possibly the broadheads. Can I just bring these into the country or do I have to declare them as a weapon when I go through customs? I would rather know for sure than to just pack them in my luggage and hope for the best. With the wealth of knowledge that resides here on AR, I suppose somebody knows the answer.
Thanks in advance.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Coyote Hunter: the worst that can happen is the broadheads to be declared merchandise and paying taxes. These are not "weapons" in the sense of a firearm.
Good luck

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Ditto.

Just don't bring them in your hand luggage and no problem should be encountered... at most, a couple of questions from a "curious" custom officer Roll Eyes - something that should not go further than that.

But if we are talking of a reasonble amount of broadheads, I would say that not even that thumb .

Bring them with confidence - just take all the considerations that common sense dictates (not in your hand luggage, properly packaged), considering all the regulations airflights all over the world have after 9/11

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote