Find
Notify
Tools

"BIG GAME ARGENTINA" Craig Boddington
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
In this era of hunting, and hunting writing, Craig Boddington immediately comes to mind. He has done it all. Get ready for a change of scenery. I just received Craig’s newest work, “Big Game Argentina.” Many on this site know of my love for that country and the hunting available there. Written by a master writer the book and the beautiful photography brings to life the allure of hunting in Argentina. Not only does it convey all the excitement and beauty that hunting in Argentina can provide, it is probably Craig’s best designed book yet.

Craig hunted and wrote the narrative and Argentine photographer Guillermo Zorraquin is the man behind the admirable and outstanding photography. I wish I could say that “I have been there and done that,” but I can only say that I have visited many of the places depicted and I am looking forward, anxiously, to my return in April. It is a book I will treasure and one I will use over and over again to illustrate to my friends what hunting in Argentina is all about.

I recommend it highly; and it is now available at:
www.craigboddington.com

If you attend the SCI Convention in Reno later this month, I am sure Craig will be there and available to personalize the book for you.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'll definetly buy one at DSC.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
I will be happy with mine soon, with some words from Craig & his signature, thanks Bill for take the job.Kind Regards: Guille.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Got it yesterday myself. It's just a beautiful book.

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
My friend Bill from AZ thumb, told that is one of the best Craig`s book clap, I am very axious to take a look coffee, Bill said to me that Boddington`s work show Argentina like it deserves & not another southamerican banana republic Wink, except for the politicians pissers....Thanks Mr. Boddington clap thumb. Guille

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
also a new show on the sportsman channel (direct tv) with the same name with craig in coountry

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm, I will be sure to get a copy at Reno. If Craig liked it I may have to go there in 2011. He's been a pretty solid tour guide so far.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Hmmmmm, I will be sure to get a copy at Reno. If Craig liked it I may have to go there in 2011. He's been a pretty solid tour guide so far.

Rich

Stop by and say hello....I'll be in the press room

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've watched the TV show several times.

The photography is excellent, well filmed.

The editing sucks, it jumps back and forth, showing the same footage several times and the show logo jumps out several times a show right in the middle of a segment. Makes me want to slap the editor/cutter.

troy

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys this book is great! I have read and looked though it twice now and am still going back for more! Some good friends of mine, also who we book hunts for, Alejandro Trigo & Leandro Berrios owners of TGB Outfitters, are one of the hunts Craig wrote a story about in La Pampa. Both guys told me how great of a guy that Craig is and how much he enjoyed the country, which this book is a testimate of that. If you haven't had a chance to pick this book up it is a must is you have any passion for South America.

Cameron

Posts: 32 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 23 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Cameron,

Bring that book with you !!! I'm a GREAT fan of Mr.Boddington books, I have all of them except this one!!

If you don't bring that book with you next month your chances of hunting a good axis deer with me are -30% Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
For about $15.00 it can be sent priority mail.....

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dtala,

it's called capitalism, and those are commercials.
It's how they pay for the program, since people like you and I won't support a pay per view channel.

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich, it's not just the commercial inserts, the show is "disjointed" and shows the same short footage several times per segment. I ain't so old I can't remember what they showed five minutes ago, so I don't need a reminder....

They have some great footage and don't need to do this to fill minutes...

troy

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I thought the subject was the new book, not some old TV show...... Roll Eyes

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Billingthewild, it is not some old TV show but a new series. I had taped episode 2 & 3 in the last while and got to views them last evening and I enjoyed them to no end, but that dais ther were some dijointed moments and I am sure it was in the editing. Sorry I didn't pick up the book in Dallas.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like to watch the TV show. Smiler

Posts: 54 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After Church with my lovely wife; TAA is the highlight of Sunday...

Rich

If editing offends anyone's delicate sensibilities; you can always watch NASCAR instead. Or show them how. All you'd need is about a quarter million dollars to outfit a film crew, go on Safari, make the quality video, come home, edit it and get some cable channel to run it.

Picture of AleAlonso
posted Hide Post
Thanks!
I really like the way Craig writes and hunts. He tells the full story, wether it speaks "good or bad" about him.
I'm purchasing my copy of the book online right now.

Saludos desde Argentina, Alejandro.

Posts: 4 | Location: Rio Cuarto, Cordoba, Argentina | Registered: 25 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Rio Cuarto... wave I have visited your city many times and have enjoyed it. I like the main plaza at night. I have also had the opportunity thanks to a friend whose family lives there, to fly out of your airport in one of the aero club Cessna's. thumb thumb . Maybe next time I am down we can meet and enjoy a cold Quilmes stout along the plaza.... beer

Theodore Roosevelt