Find
Notify
Tools

Lufthansa!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Far far away - The longest Lufthansa flight: Frankfurt - Buenos Aires

October 18, 2007 - At 11,490 kilometres, the flight from Frankfurt to Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, is once again the longest non-stop connection on Lufthansa’s winter timetable. With a starting weight of 394,625 kilograms, as of 28 October a Lufthansa Boeing 747-400 will take off five times a week from Frankfurt bound for what is South America’s second-largest city with its 12 million inhabitants. 330 passengers and a crew of 18 are transported from one continent to the other in a flight taking 13½ hours. And to make sure the passengers can also enjoy their long journey, the service trolleys on board are wellfilled.

On long-haul flights Lufthansa always advises its passengers to have plenty to drink. Ample supplies are available: whether water, fruit juices or other drinks - with almost 1,000 litres of drinks on board no passengers are likely to suffer from thirst. The Frankfurt – Buenos Aires service, incidentally, has taken over from the route between Singapore and themetropolis on the Main as the longest route. On that service passengers spend 12½ hours aboard the aircraft covering a distance of 10,290 kilometres.

They forgot to mention the heaters will be on for the whole flight and they have the smallest leg room in the biz! (did I mention stinky Germans?)

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
shocker
(did I mention stinky Germans?)
animal

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess this is in response to a flight from LAX to Frankfurt where they ran out of water about two hours into the flight but offered us some crappy warm light beer instead. The boy who was the server in our cabin was bitching in German that all the crazy Americans had consumed all the water. Maybe it had something to do with the 85 degree cabin temp. when we Californians like our 65 degree winters. Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
You vill luff it!!!! Ya!!! horse

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
YA! I luff mein 34" zeet pitch in der American Air 777!!!! Und all zee wasser I kan dreeeenk!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought I was the only one on a Lufthansa flight that ran out of water (DFW to Frankfurt)... of course, I've never flown Lufthansa afterwards...

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't flown either since then. Couldn't fit legless kids in the seats, 85+ degress in the cabin and nothing to drink but alcohol.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There might be less leg room than on US carriers.

But then, how does a slim European fit in between all those "culos grossos americanos", like an italian friend of mine uses to wonder...

I'll continue flying LH, enjoyed the LD trip Frankfurt - Bs.As. - Santiago on several occasions, also enjoy the non-freezing temperatures, non-junk food and professional, helpfull crews. Over here, it's usually the cows who drink mostly water...

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember Herr Ente that the majority of the World's Saxons do not live in Saxony but in the USA! On my last waterless flight, I was wedged between my 130 lb 5'-11" wife and some 6'-5" 300 lb Bavarian. Additionally, heaters are for Mädchen und alte Frauen! Of course it is tough to beat Lufthansa service! Enjoy the Luft-HeißenOfen flights!

one of us
posted Hide Post
For your next flight with one of the world's safest airline (never been under chapter 11), just print this out and show to the friendly, blond stewardess:

"Kann ich bitte ein Glas Wasser haben?

Danke!"

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
clap

one of us
Picture of Sierra_Dave
posted Hide Post
Wow, that sounds like Southwest Airlines.

Lufthansa has all classes of cabins and is a big airline. All the airlines have bad spots. Maybe you should upgrade to business class.

By the way the number one group of legal immigrants to the USA are of German origin.

I hope your next flight is better and try not to blame an entire country for some minor flight problems. Upgrade your cabin and you will solve your problems.

"We are all here for a short spell; so get all the good laughs you can.
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to Somebody Else."
Will Rogers

Posts: 82 | Location: Sierra Nevada Mountains | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DUK:
For your next flight with one of the world's safest airline (never been under chapter 11), just print this out and show to the friendly, blond stewardess:

Danke!"

It is hard to go chapter 11 when you are subsidized by the federal government, and all your ground employees are from India!
coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MacD37,
Glad you said it before I did about the government support they receive. I am not aware of any sizeable airline other than the U.S. that is not subsidized by the government?? Anyone know of a major world airline not subsidized by "feds" other than the U.S.?? In all fairness our own government does indeed give a fair amount of special financial help to our domestic lines. Airlines are not known to be a long term financial venture, always running heavy in the red or barely keeping cash flow flowing. Crews, benefits, liability exposure push the operating costs very high and slim margins remain. Can say the Germans do operate a fine airline and some couple decades ago spent months at a time travelling the world and had the opportunity to do it first class and they were the very best, hands down. Brits OK, French OK, PanAm had unique table w/ four plush seats in the 747's which was very nice indeed, but the Germans did have that slight edge based on my experience.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
quote:
Originally posted by DUK:

Danke!"

It is hard to go chapter 11 when you are subsidized by the federal government, and all your ground employees are from India!
coffee

Roger that MACD!!!

DUK! - The steward was not blonde or female but was a very unattractive German gay boy!! Probably Schwabisch............