Tools

Asado Seasonings Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted
Please read my friends?

AR Link to Wild Boars and Hogs

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Recipe for homemade "chimichurri":

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup vinegar
1/12 cup minced onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon chile
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Mix everything and let it rest 2 hours.
Take care

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nainital:
Recipe for homemade "chimichurri":

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup vinegar
1/12 cup minced onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 cup parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon chile
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

Mix everything and let it rest 2 hours.
Take care

You know, that makes me happy just reading it! I have a few really nice ham roasts that need to be treated like this!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Excellente amigo, will make a little for my empanadas

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill: ¿chimichurri over the empanadas?. Never thought of that...I just put common sugar (in powder) over the empanadas after baking (cold sugar used for coffee).

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the info/recipe.
What constitutes "chile" in this recipe and Argentina ?
Thanks

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you know it as "chili" or "hot pepper". It is not so hot as you may use in Mexico (they have many varieties).

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I used ground New Mexico chiles....Perfection

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
New Mexico has many varieties of chili, too. If it was what typically is called Hatch (after the name of the place where it is grown) chili, it probably is commonly known as green chili. This usually isn't hot. Even wimps such as I will eat it.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Just a mild red chile that you can buy in the stores as New Mexico...I also buy the seeds and grow them. It isn't the HATCH...I grow those too. Seeds are expensive.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Hatch chile is merely chile grown or claimed to be grown in the Hatch area of New Mexico. Rio Grande valley in and around Las Cruces which is home to New Mexico state and before his death the master of CHILE.

That all said, the heat of a particular chile is relative to the variety.

Anaheim, College 64, Sandia, and the current winner medium variety is "Big Jim". Hot days and cool nights are what I remember makes for chile production.

Chimayo and Espanola produce some of the hotter chile.

Not sure now but San Juan valley in NW NM and the Arkansas valley down from Pueblo Colorado produce a lot of chile.

Venison Green Chile Stew has been one of the better recipes I have created.

Of course all beef and venison goes with green.

Ground Red . . . mild to hot depending on the variety used to produce it. Some of the mild to medium has a sweetness t it that makes for Killer Chili.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4235 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I have used chipotle [smoked jalapeno] to great success as well, but dammit I had a package of Fresno chilli powder I used instead of paprika....BLEW my socks off hot...couldn't taste the meat.