New
Find
Notify
Tools

Booked with Dr. Juan Pozzi
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just finished all the details of booking a hunt with AR member Dr. Juan Pozzi in Argentina for the first of May. Made my airline and travel plans with Steve Turner of Travel with Guns, checked Passport and all is in order and can hardly wait to head for Argentina on May 7th.

I'll be hunting Buffalo, Wild Boar, and doing some wing shooting and fishing as well. Since Juan has a lot of quality firearms available for his hunters, will not be taking mine along. This will be a first for me, traveling without firearms, but look forward to the simplicity this will bring to the travel plans.

This will be my First hunting trip to South America, so getting all geared up for a Buff outside of Africa. AR member billinthewild has been a great help in the planning and logistics side of things. Thanks Bill.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck Larry. I have been thinking about a hunt to Argentina for a while now.

I am very curious to see how you like hunting there.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
It is a great country with great people. You will have a great time I am sure...I am only 19 days away from going down myself...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tim - Looking forward to this hunt with great anticipation and hope you have a great trip and hunt on your upcoming adventure as well. Let me know when you get back and can share some of the details. Good luck and good hunting.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
It is a great country with great people. You will have a great time I am sure...I am only 19 days away from going down myself...

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Larry....remember three magic words....

Costillas
Malbec
Quilmes stout

Will write you when I am down later this month.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gotcha, I will remember!! - Looking forward to hearing from you in Argentina. I feel there is a really good Red Stag in your future. tu2 Good luck and good hunting.

Larry Sellers

quote:
Originally posted by billinthewild:
Larry....remember three magic words....

Costillas
Malbec
Quilmes stout

Will write you when I am down later this month.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry
Larry here from Clovis,
I leave Tuesday for Los Molles with Butch and Joan. Oh Biebs will be going also.
Our first trip there Red Stag on the menu.
Hope all goes well on your trip also.
Will report when we get back
Tim good luck on your trip there also.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry - Hope yours and Biebs trip is succesfull and will be looking forward to hearing about it when you return. Good luck.

Larry

quote:
Originally posted by elk88101:
Larry
Larry here from Clovis,
I leave Tuesday for Los Molles with Butch and Joan. Oh Biebs will be going also.
Our first trip there Red Stag on the menu.
Hope all goes well on your trip also.
Will report when we get back
Tim good luck on your trip there also.
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone here know if my Verizon cell phone will work in Argentina?

Larry Sellers

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Larry, don't know but you can buy a cheap cell phone once there and put minutes on it buy buying minute cards almost every place. Toss it when done...

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill - I remember we talked about the "buy a phone there" option. Just wondering about other options. I have a friend who will let me take one of his Sat phones with me if I so choose. Tried to get an answer from the folks at Verizon, the two I talked with didn't have an answer, said to call back on Monday and talk to Fred????

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:
Larry, don't know but you can buy a cheap cell phone once there and put minutes on it buy buying minute cards almost every place. Toss it when done...

one of us
posted Hide Post
It seems that the Verizon should work. I´ll meet today with Gary Belew, another hunter from Boise, Idaho, who is here on holidays. He has one and uses it.
We are going to play together at a bridge tournament, but that´s another story. Smiler

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
My AT&T cell phone works fine (but the roaming charges are very high) in Argentina. I am guessing verizon will also. The best thing I use while traveling overseas is a magic jack. Wherever you have internet service you have a US phone line. $40 gets you a magic jack and 1 year of service.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did get an answer from Verizon. My phone will work, but as SFRanger stated the charge is high, $5.00 USD per minute. Looks like that options is out!!!!

Larry Sellers

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Larry...not to be redundant....local cell phone, minutes with a card....very inexpensive....ask Guillermo....

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aloha Larry,
Good to see that you put it all together. Look forward to exchanging notes after we get back from our management hunt in Namibia. Please let me know of the capybara situation there.

Good luck and good hunting.

Geoff

Shooter

Posts: 620 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aloha Geoff - Nice to hear from you and good luck on your hunts in Namibia. I am very interested in these hunts if all goes well for next year. I will definitely get back with you after the hunt with Dr. Juan. Stay safe and more later.

Larry Sellers

quote:
Originally posted by geoff:
Aloha Larry,
Good to see that you put it all together. Look forward to exchanging notes after we get back from our management hunt in Namibia. Please let me know of the capybara situation there.

Good luck and good hunting.

Geoff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill - I will follow up with Guillermo and go that route on the phone thing. When do you leave for ARG? Later.

Larry

quote:
Larry...not to be redundant....local cell phone, minutes with a card....very inexpensive....ask Guillermo....

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Bill - I will follow up with Guillermo and go that route on the phone thing. When do you leave for ARG? Later.

Larry

quote:

Larry, I leave March 25 and arrive March 26...I wish I could stay through to your trip down...we would have a fine time. Laptop and camera with me....will keep in touch.

Theodore Roosevelt