Find
Notify
Tools

I'm back !!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Well, summer hollidays are near ending down here and I almost have everything organized at the office after some big changes (for the good) that kept me VERY busy. Also a little health problem of my best friend (my father) during december (it's ok already) kept me away from hunting or similar activities.

So I am back again in "business" Wink

AR member Cropduster is arriving next week for fishing and roaming around and next march also I am receiving AR member Scruffy with whom we are going after red stags in La Pampa !!!

Also I am again thinking in a new trip to Africa for this year that I have been organizing and disorganizing several times for disgrace of the outfitter.

So my first step back to hunting was visiting my trail cams after at least two or three months that I have "abandoned" them.

As always with my luck the pigs instead of getting bigger they are getting smaller Roll Eyes

An axis in velvet

And the strawberry of the cake...a real poacher with his dogs trying to identify what the hell is that..(game feeders are like UFO's down here Big Grin)

They never rest... Mad

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,
Unfortunatelly they never rest. They can destroy every good hunting place.
I like your game feeder, but I feel like the poacher, I can not underestand how it works ???? LOL.
Thanks for the pictures.
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo: I regret the poaching. ¿It seems the guy has one or two "cimarrones" in the pack?.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
No pure "Cimarrones" there, maybe a cross breed between them and galgos.

The pure cimarrón is more similar to an argentinan dogo but brown with black vertical strips just like a tiger.

I think that it was around 1815 when Artigas said that when he has no more soldiers or indians to fight against the spanish army he will do it with "perros cimarrones"....so they have been around for a while.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, perhaps now you´ll wait for the poacher...a most interesting hunt I´d say Big Grin.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Fine photos, thanks....I'll bet those small ones roast up real good.... thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Hey L !

Hope you had nice vacations and and happy to read your father is OK now ... keep us posted about these trail cams !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
(...)
And the strawberry of the cake...a real poacher with his dogs trying to identify what the hell is that..(game feeders are like UFO's down here Big Grin)

They never rest... Mad

L

BTW, you will better hide extremely well that cam.... if that poacher find it, he will surely "poach" it ...

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The few times that I have seen wild boars in Uruguay they were doing about a hundred miles an hour.... (They had their reasons. Smiler) And you say, Lorenzo, that Uruguay has poachers ? bewildered Do my Brothers know ? See you in a month or less ... Big Grin dancing

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote