Find
Notify
Tools

Uruguayan axis
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
My hunting buddy Mario and two axis bucks.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Excelent Trophys!!! When, Where, Gun, Ammo???

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
A couple of weeks ago, 30-06 with military ammo with a home made small hollow in the point of the solid bullet.

As usual, every time the gang suceed to kill something decent I was somwhere else Roll Eyes

You must come to visit us before our goverments decide we must go to war between us hammering

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Maybe Wink, we (by ourselves), can kill our politicians and greens first Big Grin and avoid a possible stupid war thumbdown (we have more contaminat factories to worry about) not just Botnia, otherwise take a look to the Riachuelo!!! shocker

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,
Very nice trophys!!!
How long were antlers?
I used 7,65x54mm FMJ hollow pointed by me, some time ago and it works!!

Thanks
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
so whens the BBQ?? Big Grin beer

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A word of caution there in "sporterizing" militaty ammo. Many years ago , most of the local hunters here tried to add more punch to the old ex military 7X57 Mausers and was a common practice to saw off the tip of the FMJ spitzers . One of them cut too much , he fired the bullet, probably the lead core was projected and the skin remains in the barrel , so he has to fire a second shot, and ...BOOM....He is still alive , thanks to P.Mauser design.

Pulki.

Posts: 93 | Location: Santiago, Chile. | Registered: 13 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pulki,
you are right.
We use to make expanding bullets only on boat tail FMJ bullets. Exposing lead is very small.
IIRC P.O.Ackley made some proofing finding it was a secure practice, but when you do it you must know that it is potencially dangerous.
Thanks
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo. Beautiful axis bucks. And for me axis meat is some of the best. I did not think Uruguay had beautiful deer as well as beautiful women. Usted es un hombre muy afortunado. Salve uno para mí, por favor, el venado no las mujeres. wave

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read an old.. Elmer Keith?.. article about pulling WWI military ball bullets and loading them backwards during the Depression.

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I read an old.. Elmer Keith?.. article about pulling WWI military ball bullets and loading them backwards during the Depression.

This is just what we are doing down south here with .308 military ammo ... Frowner Mad and I think that with these lefties in government things will get even worse ...

BTW, beautiful bucks L !
They almost look as beautiful as the axis entrerrianos Big Grin Big Grin Cool

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote