New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting red deer in the 'roar' ...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Yo ! Good luck to all the folks heading off to Argentina in the next few weeks to hunt red deer. I did that hunt a couple of years ago and had a fabulous time. Roaring stags, great company, excellent food, lots of laughs .. and, of course, always cool to see those funky Patagonia rabbits .. (Maras) tu2

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
+1 I'm working on Mrs Blacktailer to go back to Patagonia. She needs a blackbuck and I need another stag.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3828 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I leave Switzerland this weekend for Argentina. 2 weeks deer and boar hunting near Santa Rosa. Heard there are a few hunters on the Estancia from the States. Hope we have a few nice evenings around the fire with beer and Malbec Reserva.

Posts: 44 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 25 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As per some reports, this year´s rut is going very well. In the South folks say that it was the better in many years. We´ll see. Please post pictures afterwards. Wink

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
rj61

Good luck !!! Whith whom you will be hunting with ?? I will be there next thursday night.

Ricardo
Por favor mandame un mail con tu direcciòn !! Si no la recibo en un rato te mando una nueva copia a la casa de Martìn (Afrikaaner)porque estoy saliendo para DHL.

Sruffy,

I am leaving next thursday to visit our friends !!

Lorenzo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo: PM sent to you, the mail doesn´t seem to work.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
My own opportunity will start on Saturday 27th in the Parque Nacional Lanin... the countdown has started ! dancing

Good luck to you all !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Good Luck Martin !! I wish You at least a 14 points stag well hunted. K.Rgs. G

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Guille !!

I will keep you posted... I think that when Ortega y Gasset did his prologue to Count Yebes' book he was inspired by that very same zone I am going to! Big Grin Cool

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Lo importante es estar cazando.... BOOM. es muy cierto , pero a veces debe estar la luz al final del tunel Big Grin. Suerte. thumb G.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Lorenzo.
Sorry for the late answer, but I have not been online for a few days.
I hunt with Agustin Martinez Oliver from Patagonia Hunters.
I shot a great 6x7 free range deer and 3 pigs so far, and still 7 days to go...
Good luck Roger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys, just quickly posting a couple of pics from my trip. As you can see, it was very successful...

- Roger

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, wonderful animals....

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great photos!