Find
Notify
Tools

UNIMOG AND RED STAG
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
AFTER I KILLED THIS RED STAG ,A GUIDE TRY TO REOVER THE MEAT WITH HIS UNIMOG ,I ADVICE HIM TO NOT DO THAT ,BUT ....HE PERSISTED AND FALL FROM A CILFF AFORTUNATELY NOBODY WAS INJURED BUT WE HAD TO WALK 30KMS IN THE MOUNTAINS WECROSSED FROZEN STREAMS ,UNTIL THE NIGTH ...GUILLERMO MUST REMEBER THIS

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Guille this was part of our hard hunts of the past.Gun cz375hyh scope LEUPOLD.Ammo Guillermo reloads ,after my ammo failed.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Juan:

You need to write a book.

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are you sure you didn't shoot that Unimog ?? I thought they could go anywhere !! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
mete,

"Are you sure you didn't shoot that Unimog ?? "

Thats good. clap LOL

Juan and Guillermos,
Very good deer and very good hunt.
Can we consider it "DANGEROUS GAME" Big Grin
Hope you do not own the unimog.

Thanks for the story and pictures.
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Worn tyres?

The terrain doen't look too step for that Unimog U1100L which probably had served the Argentinian army under more difficult conditions before.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billrquimby:
Juan:

You need to write a book.

I agree... wave..And, Juan, Bill Q. is eager to join in your hunting adventures.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Juan:

Please don't think I said you needed to write a book because I was looking for business.

I've watched your posts enough to know you've done more hunting and experienced more adventure than most people can dream of, especially anyone your age.

You need to preserve your stories so your grandchildren can say, "¡el abuelo vive en los dias major!"

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's interesting. I agree that Juan has a lot of experiences that would be interesting to read about or listen to around the campfire.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
AFTER I KILLED THIS RED STAG ,A GUIDE TRY TO REOVER THE MEAT WITH HIS UNIMOG ,I ADVICE HIM TO NOT DO THAT ,BUT ....HE PERSISTED AND FALL FROM A CILFF AFORTUNATELY NOBODY WAS INJURED BUT WE HAD TO WALK 30KMS IN THE MOUNTAINS WECROSSED FROZEN STREAMS ,UNTIL THE NIGTH ...GUILLERMO MUST REMEBER THIS

Juan, my friend, you do really apply you own motto (extreme hunting) every time & every where Cool Cool Cool thumb

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
..........just another "staged" photo op! Big Grin

Juan..that must have been quite a little "hike"!!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No offense meant but if your buddy drove that Moog down with those tires ,, no wonder it rolled over,, I have taken mine up and down the hills damn near side ways, locked in and with proper tires,,That looks to have been an easy trip,,BET HE WAS SURPRISED!!!

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
It was very funny indeed ,the owner was a very proudly -and stupid-gaucho ,i told him at least 100 times that was impossible to go down from the cliff-i used UNIMOGS-in my unit ,and when he fall i saw his scared face looking at me all the time ,after i saw him he was ok ,i asked him to take the photo ,imagine his face again .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, at least he got the truck close to the stag!

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
"Al General Roca le faltaron balas !!! !!! y en vez de venir conquistadores de España tendrian que haber venido de italia o Alemania . Si hubieran sido ingleses o Americanos habrian traido sus esclavos y seria todo poco diferente."

Guillermo:

Please pardon me for this dumb question, but I am limited by my U.S./Mexico border "Spanglish." I am assuming "le faltaran balas" is an idiom. What does it mean? And why would it have been better for Englishmen and Americans to "wear down" the slaves?

You may email me at billRquimby@ cs.com if you don't want to respond here.

Thanks

Bill Quimby, el Guillermo tambíen.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Billrquimby: Guillermo, who is strongly opinionated, suggests that the General Roca, who defeated once and for all the Indians back in 1879, should have killed them all. The Gaucho is supposedly a mix of Spaniard, African and Indian (or Native American, as you like to call them). Thus he says that the slaves who worked for the Englishmen could have been a better basis for developing the country.Or so I guess Big Grin

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Regarding the previous post, perhaps I must correct it. Guillermo´s theory is that Argentina should have been conquered by Germans or Italians. No Englishmen or North Americans. I apologize. Frowner
P.S. "Le faltaron balas" mean that due to lack of ammo the General didn´t kill all the Native Americans.
Sorry

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Gracias, Srs. Nainital y Guillermo. Ahora yo comprendo. En Estados Unidos cerca Mexíco decemos "no es politíco correcto."

Bill Quimby

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guillermo: I´ll let you fight your own battles. Big Grin
I´ve just tried to explain to Bill Quimby a somewhat difficult post regarding Argentine history. And missed the point, of course, thus I apologize. Any time sofa
Nainital.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Guillermo and Ricardo. I come on a mission of friendship very soon and we will have a peace treaty meeting. We shall all be together at a grand asado with mucho carne and vino for me.....which I will share with you both, if Juan provides enough. We will have nurses to dance and sing with, dogos to hunt with, and Guillermo's firearms to enjoy. Un gran abrazo mis amigos..... beer

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I want to organize a big meeting of all argentine AR memberst at my farm ,we can organize a dove shooting competition too since i have sunflowers and millions of doves flying over them now .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan,
That would be great!

Thanks
Martin

PS: Im not so good shooting doves.

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote