Find
Notify
Tools

My best wild boar
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Wow!

That's a superb jabalí, Juan!

Unlike the so-called Russian boars in North America (ours have questionable ancestry), your animal looks like the pure wild boars I've shot in Spain and Mongolia. \

Mine were smaller, though.

Congratulations.

Bill Quiimy

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
A Beauty! thumb

Was the old boy good eating?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Pig! How are they on the table?

Posts: 324 | Location: VIRGINIA | Registered: 27 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Lindo colmilludo !!
Felicitaciones !!!!
Un cuentito de como fué la cacería es bienvenido Wink

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Indeed it is a nice, BIG tusker !! thumb

Thanks for sharing this beauty, Juan !!

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Now that is one knarly boar!!

Congrats!!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
i KILLED THIS WILD BOAR A FROZEN NIGTH OF JULY IN CHOELE CHOEL RIO NEGRO I MADE A RUNNING SHOT AFTER HE CROSSED A FENZE AT 11 PM I WAS THERE WITH MY WIFES GRANDFATHER FRANCISCO GARRIDO A GREAT GUIDE HE WAS 83 AT THAT TIME.JUAN

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Juan. A beautiful boar. My cuchillo hungers for another one. I am in New York now, heading back to Arizona in the morning. Wish I was there with you. Soon, very soon.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I'm not too sure he would be any good on a table. Too clumsy and unsocialable. sofa Packy

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
PAIMUN ,IN THE BACK IS DIANA

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Excuse me this is a photo of a cebu killed in the north after it attacked several farmers ,i was hunting partrige and they asked me to kill it ,so i put it down with 2 shots of my sw629 ,i used garret points .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Great looking animal

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Not so good hog recently taken in a frozen nigth.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
my best...

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10065 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Very ,nice boar Mike,where you killed it ,i believe it was taken in LA PAMPA isnt it.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post

Australia

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
It was shot at Algar. Down in the bottom of a riverine arroyo. I was up above on the ridge line. I was using a borrowed 270 with 130 grn factory soft points. United Airlines had lost my luggage.

The boar was farther away than I thought (he was actualy at about 225, I thought he was 150) and he was walking away...so the shot hit far back but drove forward into his liver. He was very sick. But still able to walk.

I ran down the hill about 50 yards and set up again. He appeared but the only shot I really had was at his big head. I took the shot and heard a loud "smack". Bullet hit him in the jaw. He was one angry chancho...but he collapsed...and voila carnitas.

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10065 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Very nice boars Bill ,i hope soon well hunt in Austarlia together.
Mike i was in Algar area hunting a lot ,i killed many red stag there ,and saw very good boars .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Some of my best trophies in the same picture Cool ...

My son (who wasn't in his best mood Roll Eyes) and the tusks of my best boar (upto now Wink)

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Martin im waiting your son ,here he will hunt many birds ,hares and a hog then we will teach him to clean and cook the meat .My son is waiting for him ,hes full time at the shooting range training with rifle ,shotgun and pistol.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
I am looking with great anxiety for a new hunting experience with you, my friend ... beer

And this time my son will go with me, since by this incoming 2008 he will be seven years old, the age I was waiting him to reach so as to start his training properly and regularly (remember the "agoge" !) thumb Cool Big Grin

Muy Feliz Ano Nuevo para vos, toda tu familia y la gente amiga de San Francisco!!
Te mando un fuerte abrazo !!!

Μολὼν λάβε

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Martin. Tell the boy to be ready to smile when we go to hunt. Carajo! Siete y setenta. clap

Theodore Roosevelt

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
That zero that stands between your age and my boy's doesn't make any difference at all, Bill !!!!

It 's all about spirit, my friend !!! And your attitude is pretty good example about it thumb!!

Μολὼν λάβε

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
See this photo ,i supouse you wi ll like it.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Bill,Martin see this ,these are dogs from a friend .

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Cool Cool thumb

EXCELLENT picture !!!

That boar has some respectable tusks Wink!

Μολὼν λάβε

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Carajo! clap A beauty. I want his brother and I will use my cuchillo to take him.....even in the mud....the Dogos look very good doing what they do best. I told daughter Jessica that when the time comes and she wants to get a dog to be a companion and guard type dog, the one to think about is a Dogo..... thumb

Theodore Roosevelt