Notify
Tools

Back from Argentina!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 218 Bee
posted
Hola!

Jane (the She-Wolf) and I just got back in the door from our trip down to Argentina with Estancia Alicura. We're pretty well whipped (despite an overnight flight) but had a wonderful time and met some positively wonderful folks everywhere we went!

B.A. was OK; sorry to not be more effusive but I despise ALL cities; too many people...too many problems. Jane refers to me as an "equal opportunity sociopath" and I won't deny it!

The food was wonderful: I'm currently suffering thru the early stages of Malbec/empanada withdrawal!

The game was incredible; saw more stags and hinds than I thought possible. Huge coveys of quail (that's next trip!); lots of hogs. Spent a little time lashing the Caleufu River with a fly rod for trout...and successfully at that! Took a handsome stag (8x8) and Jane dropped a nice boar...

I know, I know...pics are required and as soon as I get a nap and get some of the snaps downloaded I'll post 'em! Right now, it's time to find a pillow...

Mark

DRSS

"I always take care to fire into the nearest hillside and, lacking that, into darkness." - the late Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 602 | Location: Coleman County, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark welcome back! When you have recovered a bit, there are still a few of us looking forward to the full report and some pictures - if you can be bothered. Weidmannsheil to you and your wife on a successful hunt.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote