Find
Notify
Tools

NRA ARGENTINA MEMBERS
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
TODAY HERE ,THERE ARE TWO PROUD HUNTERS WHO RECEIVED THEIR MEMBERSHIP AS NRA MEMBERS ,THANKS TO OUR FRIEND BILL BERLAT,WE AS FOREIGNERS BELONG TO THE NRA SO WE COULNDT UNDERSTAND HOW SOME AMERICAN HUNTERS DONT BELONG TO IT.THANK YOU BILL BERLAT.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Juan, it was my pleasure....and as we discussed, I cannot understand why every American who shoots or hunts does not belong. The NRA works for us, and as I told you I am going to meet with a representative to see what help they can offer in Argentina.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Here in Argentina we are figthing against the left wingers that want to buy and confiscate all guns ,shooting and hunting are very,very pouplar here and one of the greatest traditions ,even small towns has its tiro federal or shooting range ,but now they want to change our way of living,.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Juan. Ricardo is now a member as well. We need an NRAA - National Rifle Association of Argentina. yankees

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I´m proud to announce that thanks to Bill´s generosity I´m also a member of the N.R.A. now.
I´ll try to keep up the good work here, like the other fellows who feel the hunting imperative. Thanks again Your Honor. clap

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Yes we need it fast ,the goverment voted a law strongly anti gun the first pace to gun confiscation ,besides that 20000 hunters came every year to Cordoba to hunt a lot hunt in the other provinces too ,with this strong gun laws everyone can get in trouble so we need a NRA representation here to solve all the trouble ,they can have in the future .Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juan,
I would like to sincerely thank you for your support. It is well worth your while to work toward protecting your rights. Let me know if I can help with any questions and I will try to get back to you. Please check out our website if you have not already. www.nra.org. Look for me under the Programs section in Field Representatives. Doug Merrill. Please feel free to contact me anytime. My email is <rmerrill@nrahq.org> We have 178 different programs, and no, I don't know all of them. I look forward to hearing from you. As of now we have somewhere over 3 million members. In fact we work with several outfitters in Argentina that offer hunts for our fund raising programs and annual convention. Merry Christmas

Doug

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magnum Hunter1:
Juan,
I would like to sincerely thank you for your support. It is well worth your while to work toward protecting your rights. Let me know if I can help with any questions and I will try to get back to you. Please check out our website if you have not already. www.nra.org. Look for me under the Programs section in Field Representatives. Doug Merrill. Please feel free to contact me anytime. My email is <rmerrill@nrahq.org> We have 178 different programs, and no, I don't know all of them. I look forward to hearing from you. As of now we have somewhere over 3 million members. In fact we work with several outfitters in Argentina that offer hunts for our fund raising programs and annual convention. Merry Christmas

Doug

The NRA can only offer support and ideas, and not direct involvement overseas. What I have stressed to my friends in Argentina is the need to organize; to form, or to enlarge, an organization similar to the NRA in their country. The goal has to be large numbers of members, and sufficient numbers that can have an influence in their elected branches.

There is a strong SCI presence there and they must be enlisted in this effort.

The Argentines expressed to me how wonderful it must be to have an NRA to fight for us in this country, and fail to understand how any gun owener could not be a member.

What continues to baffle me, is how few members we truly have when one looks at the number of shooters and gun owners in the U.S. There is little or no justification for any gun owner, shooter, or even AR member, not being a member of the NRA. Gun rights have to come first. Without a gun you don't hunt.

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, you are right.
The NRA is a good working model for what they might need in Argentina. As you mentioned, there are quite a lot of gun owners/shooters that are not NRA members. One statistic I heard was 70 million. Can you imagine the political clout we would have. Sad thing is you can't get them all united. Someones always arguing over which is best, an O/U or Semi-Auto for skeet or something like that. Or the NRA sends me too much mail, then the next guy down the street says he doesn't get enough. Traditional archery or compound bow, belted or beltless rounds, scope on a muzzleloader or open sights and on and on and on. Thats not the hill I want to die on!!!!!!!!!! If we could get focused on the real issue we could set the legislation and the politicians would have to follow. It takes mounds of money too that most people don't realize and the opposition has plenty with folks like Soros. Well, I've vented for today. Lets enjoy the season.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry,
I forgot, while we do not have any direct involvement overseas, we are fighting a major battle with the U.N.. We need other countries to stand with us because right now we are alone in the opposition to the small arms ban. This is far more reaching than most realize. The NRA was represented in the last conference so I guess you can say we are extending our influence globally. We are gonna have to to keep the U.S. sovreign.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Here the situation is pretty serious althoug everybody hunt and have guns here ,the goverment is closing shooting ranges hunting clubs ,gunshops ,and hunting ranches a lot of hunters are in jail and im afraid that the situation will go worse .juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA