Find
Notify
Tools

pictures
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Last red stag season (march/april) while Scruffy, federico and I were hunting in La Pampa, the rest of my hunting gang went further south (Neuquén Province).

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How in the world does one sneak up to those varmints in that open country ? Confused It must be like hunting antelope here in the prairies .... BOOM Mario looks good .....

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
That's the cause I love so much La Pampa, hearing a stag roaring at 30 yards from you and not being able to even see him is priceless !!!!

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo. How wonderful those photos are. My trip down through La Pampa, Neuquen and Rio Negro this time was to see the country. I was amazed at the quantity of red deer seen and could have had a chance to hunt, but for only one day, and hunting is not something tgo be done in haste.

It will be my next destination. Beautiful rolling grassy hills, both in La Pampa and the areas around Neuquen and Rio Negro.

In the area of Junin de los Andes we also saw many red deer and quite a few good stags. I will soon be posting some of my photos from that part of the trip.

Congratulations and thanks for the photos. thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote