Find
Notify
Tools

Q1 options in South America
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi folks,

I've never been to South America, but have started thinking about changing that. What are the hunting options available in the first 3 months of the year in various countries keeping in mind I'm kind of game fence shy?

Thanks,
Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
January and february pigs and axis deers.

March...the strawberry of the cake...red stags during their roar.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lorenzo, the red stag roar might be a game changer. Uruguay and Argentina I assume? My wife hunts too, and with little kids, she's not ready to go to Africa yet. The right kind of place for red deer might make it possible for the whole family to come and for my wife to get in some hunting too.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I will recommend you to travel to Argentina for big game.

Contact Patricio Lutz, he post here under the name of "Pampa" (I think). I have been hunting with him several years in a row. He can organize a free range axis hunt in Bs As province and then move to La Pampa province after red stags and wild boars.

You can do both hunts in march and the axis hunt is more or less in the way to la pampa so you will not be tavelling "up and down" the country.

That will be my choice.

Being from Calgary you can contact with AR member "Scruffy", he has hunted with Patricio in the past. And if you want to visit my country with your family you are always welcome to visit me. You can see a little bit of Uruguay before and then travel to Argentina as red stags raoring starts around the 15th of march, better around the 20th but I will be there at that time and I don't know if there is "enough space for all of us" at the farm Big Grin

You can travel from Uruguay to Argentina by ferry, it's a three hours trip from Montevideo to BsAs or you can take the plane and it is a 30 minutes flight between both cities.

Good luck

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Lorenzo. My wife and I have actually done a bit of bird hunting with Scruffy. I'll have to ppick his brain a bit.

Dean

-Edward, Duke of York