THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SOUTH AMERICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  South American Big Game Hunting    Mi AZ trip...... Bill is a "hell of a Host"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mi AZ trip...... Bill is a "hell of a Host"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted
Dear friends from Argentina.
Maybe most of You saw the Antelope Hunt in N.M. with "Billinthewild"

He allready post it Him here under other Subject or in the American Big Game hunting forum by Me..... but this is the other interesting side of that hunting and maybe funnier as the hunt itself !!!.
Bill was a "hell of a Host" !!!. He gave me one of the most beautiful experience in the States, that anybody gave me before anywhere !!!, and this is something for what always I will be grateful with Him and I will never forget Him in my life.
Thanks my dear friend !!!
Pictures speak more than any word, so lets go with them !!!

Phoenix Airport Hall

Cabelas entrance (We spent more than four hours in this hunters & Shooter paradise, lunch there, try classic "Fudge" as dessert and bought just few stuff ( je, je)

I love Red Necks !!! ja, ja, ja !!!

Bill has not cure !!! , same like his compadre Juan from S.F ! ! !

No time to loose, once we left Cabelas shop, we went to Scottsdale Gun Club for a "special" appointment with hundreds of toys !!!

What model do You want to fire Sr ?

We started with the new S&W VXR 460 magnum (U$20 per box per 20 shots).... not bad for an amateur, je, je

Bill got vicious with the Heckler & Koch G36 in full-auto while I was emptying a Thompson drum magazine !!!!

of course I got the biggest and expensive one too...."Rambo del Sur"...150 .308 cartridges in seconds ! ! !

Don't ask how much ammo, none of Us really know how many boxes or .308 ammo belts
Thats the way the floor looked after our first 15 minutes of fun, don't wana see my wallet or Visa balance this month ( U$500 just in ammo !!! )

Our deluxe hotel

A wonderful Chinese food for dinner

Being with the strictly diet.....in this case we was "Charged" buy two dangerous Green Chilly-Cheese burgers at the Red Onion, thanks to God, PH Bill was with me as a "Back up" !!! We survived the attack !!!

A wonderful Hunter & writer that I was waiting to meet Him in person, a true SCI legend !!! Bill Quimby...You can see in Wikipedia !!!, His place on the mountains is a paradise !!!....He show me some of His trophies and Elk bull tracks just 40 yds from His house door...I hope he comes back to my country soon !!!.

"The Ribs eaters of Kumaon " at the "Stolen Recipe" !!!

David.....a proudly NAM vet that fight for his country, now a Professional hunting & fishing Guide for millionaires (Not my case) helping me on taking this nice Az fox while we were looking for a Bob Cat, next time David !!!

David Rifle made by David Miller...U$12.000 any question?

Fort Apache

Apache food

"Billinthewild"...."David Miller rifle" ja, ja, I am looking for one of these !!!

The dinner !!!

A classic on the road to Roswell

A little visit to Gary Reeder gun shop, an excellent "Hand cannon" builder

The Elephant stopper.... good for the dangerous prairie dogs !!!

Williams, beautiful town with the best Pie in USA !!! & our point of departure to the Gran Canyon by the G.C. rail road

Ready to go

El Tovar ...some day I will come back and I will stay one night with full moon !!!

Impossible be better

Nothing to envy to Our "Bife de Chorizo" a wonderful Prime Rib at Doc Hollyday restaurant.

A nice Bull shoot with my Cannon 10 Mpix in the Bill's neighborhood, Bow season and me without Bow or Tag.....

Enjoying Bill's beast: "The Black Bear" a Honda 1300 cc

A special mention to both guys.... I miss them !!!"Willy" (Teh carpet pisser) and "Pumpkin" (The car locker)
We left him inside the car when we were in the Taxidermy shop and the litle dog locked the cars door, so we had to ask for the firefighters help in order to open the door without breaking the car door glass.

With some tears.....Bye Arizona. Many Thank "Billinthewild".

Both left a mark in my heart.G

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Reiter
posted Hide Post
Wow Buddy !

Great report, outstanding pics...if you got more, keep ´em coming !

Posts: 130 | Location: South America | Registered: 26 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Eeker Eeker Eeker clap clap clap

E X C E L L E N T !!!!
What an experience, dude !!!!
Congratulations !

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Guille, you did such a wonderful job with this presentation, and I must say it pleases me no end that I was able to make this trip a special one for you......mucho gracias, amigazo. salute
And be careful if you get Guille around guns and ammo....he will shoot till his arms fall off....or his wallet runs dry animal

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bubba; I think that I committed a mistake in give him a phone with Internet access Eeker, He will not need "The Playboy" shocker magazine for commit suicide with the right hand as You suggested.... Big Grin animal

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you both my friends. An outstanding report and nice pictures. The gun shop alone made me drool...

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Great adventure congratulations ,i would ask some questions ,but i have to wait ..... clap

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the kind words, Guillermo. It was an honor to meet you in person. When you return, maybe I can show you a larger elk than our friend el Gringo Viejo did!

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Guillermo, certainly a great trip and an unforgettable experience!
Thank you Bill for taking such a good care of our friend.
Best regards
Willy

Posts: 74 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willy1953:
Congratulations Guillermo, certainly a great trip and an unforgettable experience!
Best regards
Willy

Willy, thanks for your kind words and remember that Guille took such good care of me when I was in Argentina, as did you and Juan when we were together, mi amigo....all the best...

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willy1953:
Best regards
Willy

Willy: Many Thanks, I hope next Bill´s visit, You have some time to spend with Us like we had in the Patagonia Trip. Bubba always talking about "Sauce Viejo" and Your fondness. K.R. Guille

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you had a good time.

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RobinOLocksley
posted Hide Post
That was too much fun for one man to have. Big Grin

Fantastic photos and a wonderful demonstration of camaraderie.Those smiles,warmth and goodwill.Very pleased to go through the post.Thank you for sharing.

Best-
Locksley,R

"Early in the morning, at break of day, in all the freshness and dawn of one's strength, to read a book - I call that vicious!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 787 | Location: Sherwood Forest | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill is a great guy, the brother that life denied me !!!, my only complain is that I haven't meet Him before and share all his worldwide adventures with Him ....Thanks for Your kind words..Guille

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Y'all had waaaaaaaaay too much fun!! What a great adventure. I am over in Belen, New Mexico for a few weeks working with some new folks. I will be heading down to the Owl in San Antonio, NM tomorrow for my green chile cheeseburger!!

Congrats on a great trip, and big time kudos to Bill!!

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob in TX:
Y'all had waaaaaaaaay too much fun!! What a great adventure. I am over in Belen, New Mexico for a few weeks working with some new folks. I will be heading down to the Owl in San Antonio, NM tomorrow for my green chile cheeseburger!!

Congrats on a great trip, and big time kudos to Bill!!

Bob

Had I the time I'd meet you there....my daughter lives in Socorro. Enjoy the Owl....

Theodore Roosevelt

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a fun trip with good friends.