New
Find
Notify
Tools

Handguns, and foreigners in Argentina
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I, now, know that a foreigner may bring a handgun to hunt with in AR -- Is it possible to carry one for self-defense?

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Ask to Billinwild he hunt in my country with his S.A. Bowen customs

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aglifter,
You would need a special permit to carry a loaded gun for self-defense and it is very difficult to get it now.
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
Aglifter, it wouldn't be too difficult to introduce your gun into Argentina (Bill will certify this, as Guillermo wrote) but to carry it ready to use in a hipothetical self defense situation is just another stuff ... you can surely hunt with it (and carry it while hunting, of course Wink) but you cannot carry it ready to shoot while in a city, for example... our laws allow registered weapons to be carry not in conditions to be used inmediately, just for transportation meanings

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
As the others have said taking a handgun to Argentina for sporting use is no problem. Carry same while hunting is no problem. But to carry a Glock Model 27 concealed while strolling around Buenos Aires....I don't think so.

And in my expereience the rural areas of Argentina are safe. The big cities, like any big city worldwide, have areas I would not care to venture into.

On another thought I am not sure how it would be to carry, for the purpose of self defense,
a good pepper spray like Kimber's new one, or the collapsible baton.

Perhaps, like Crocodile Dundee, I should have a sheath made for my big jabili hunting cuchillo
that could hold my bowie behind my back so I could reach it over my shoulder. Wink

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dirty Commies... The SOBs have made the US almost the same, unfortunately...

And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Posts: 863 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2006Reply With Quote