THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SOUTH AMERICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  South American Big Game Hunting    Hunting wild unfenced 'untouched' water buffalo in South America
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting wild unfenced 'untouched' water buffalo in South America
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The water buffalo in Northern Uruguay were mostly all killed off by Government decree a few years ago to prevent them from spreading disease to cattle. It breaks my savage heart as I am fonder of buffalo than I am of cattle .... Be that as it may ... I know that most water buffalo in Argentina are routinely rounded up and innoculated to prevent disease. Surely there must be pockets of these excellent game animals some where in Argentina or ???? that live in wild country and don't have a damn ear tag on !!!! I'd like to hunt them again some day, if possible ... but I feel real picky ...

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Hi Bro Big Grin

If you find a place in Argentina with waterbuffalo without being innoculated tell me so we can tell the police...

My country was "innoculation free" for foot and mouth desease. A rumour went off about a F&M focus in Argentina, we asked them about it and they told us no, that's no true.

So we don't close our borders...a month later the desease was spread again all over my country.

If that happends again my business will go down to the floor.

So I hope none of my argentinian brothers will tell you that they have some waterbuffs not being rounded up and innoculated at least once a year because it's illegal not to do it.

Sorry for hijacking yor dreams... Roll Eyes

popcorn

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
scruffy:
In our country You can choose two ways to Hunt Water Buffalos: "inoculated" but without tag, (bredeers buffalo) in a small or huge fenced farm from BsAs to the Patagonia, or a free range, with wild buffalos in the swamps of the north of the country (Corrientes, Formosa, Chaco). Those bufalos were introduced more than 50 years ago and from that moment many of them got the wild and never couldnt be re-captured again, is like "hunting" wild Bisons in Canada or "Shooting" Bisons in S. Dakota. Me and Dr. Pozzi hunted them in a really nasty place, snakes, mosquitos, water, very very wild, and we really enjoyed it a lot, maybe in August I will try one with my new 500 magnum revolver, if you sometime dreamed with a real Hunt in the wild like those old time African hunts, Dr. Pozzi services will be a good option. Take a look to Mr. Graves Report;

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/994107165/m/202106807

Regarding Lorenzo´s comment, we are helping sanitary authorities to kill the wild ones to avoid the spreading of the F&M desease jumping.Our country never make a "Stamping out" (Kill all the cattle with rifles) for cattles or Buff, like Chile or Mexico, and we are a country free of F&M under "innoculation status". and most the the F&M disease comes from domestic cattles without sanitary control,(not for the wild bufalos) many of them ilegaly introduced by some politician friends across borders (Paraguay, Brasil,Uruguay and Argentina), sorry Lorenzo, our Politics are a miss. http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/economia/2-62977-2006-02-12.html

Some bufallo hunt with Juan, Regards Guillermo.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
jumping

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yo, Brother ! wave If those water buffalo 'roared' like the red deer that you showed me in March ... I think that I would just stay in Canada ... assume the fetal position ... and not dare to dream ... Eeker Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scruffy:
Yo, Brother ! wave If those water buffalo 'roared' like the red deer that you showed me in March ... I think that I would just stay in Canada ... assume the fetal position ... and not dare to dream ... Eeker Smiler

Sorry Mr. Richard I didnt catch Your words Confused bewildered. Regards Guille.

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Guille,

Richard dice que si esos búfalos que vos le mostraste bramaran como los colorados que vió en la Pampa le darían tanto miedo que se quedaría en Canada Big Grin

Abrazo
Lorenzo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gracias !!! thumbLorenzo, se ve que lo asustaron los bramidos!!! animal Muy diferente al pitido del Elk. Nos paso con unos Cazadores con Arco de USA que se aterrorizaron al ver los Gauchos "Salvajes" de Corrientes y le tenian mas miedo que a los Jibaros del Amazonas, ni hablar de las bacterias sudamericanas jumping je,je,

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Guille ,these are old photos ,do you remeber that i fall from the horse in the water ,that was funny ...the shot perfect in the neck with your 416 rigby ,the photographer was ,real interesting ,.....nice times .....with my dog PAIMUN ,and greAT ADVENTURES IN THE WILD.
This phot is from Bills safari culling hares and foxes.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
That picture from the night hunt looks like the terrorists Interpol is looking for. On the most wanted list is the man on the left with that deadly shotgun - nosotros le llamamos el asesino calvo! hijack There is a reward, one case of alfajores.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yo, Guille ! Yeah ... what Lorenzo said ... Confused Smiler beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill. clap Becarefull, there are more than one bald assassin in the team bewildered, I think that the worst is the driver Big Grin. You didnt mention nothing about Your "Love trip" animal, this post give me an idea to post something.......je,je. jumping

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Guillermo Amestoy:
Gracias !!! thumbLorenzo, se ve que lo asustaron los bramidos!!! animal Muy diferente al pitido del Elk. Nos paso con unos Cazadores con Arco de USA que se aterrorizaron al ver los Gauchos "Salvajes" de Corrientes y le tenian mas miedo que a los Jibaros del Amazonas, ni hablar de las bacterias sudamericanas jumping je,je,

animal

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
Guille,

Richard dice que si esos búfalos que vos le mostraste bramaran como los colorados que vió en la Pampa le darían tanto miedo que se quedaría en Canada Big Grin

Abrazo
Lorenzo

(....) continuando con la traduccion del amigo Lorenzo Gianola: "asumiria posicion fetal" (posicion inconciente de proteccion) "y no me atreveria a sonar" (en venir a cazarlos !)

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote