Find
Notify
Tools

Need gun info for Argentina
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I went about four years ago and I took my own gun. While there I used my gun and I also used one of the "house" O/U guns.

I took care of the USA paperwork for export/import of my firearm.

As I remember, Argentina paperwork was mailed to me and I filled it in and mailed it back. Then, when I got to Argentina, there was a man hired by the outfitter waiting for me in the customs area. They brought my gun in and the man who was waiting for me presented paperwork for me. Customs opened the gun case, looked at the serial number, examined my papers, examined papers from the outfitter's man, signed and stamped things, and we departed with the gun.

When I first contacted the outfitter and explained I wanted to take my own gun he told me it was easy and that they would help. As it turned out, it was easy BECAUSE they helped.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rules have chsnged brother. I have been every year since 2004, sometimes twice a year . This is the FIRST time I have ever had to deal with this.

Posts: 11954 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I agree hunting with your own gun is nice, but it's not worth it with anti-gun counties to me. I've been hunting with Miles & Miles since 2006. They have a good assortment of guns similar to what I shoot here (Beretta 391 for high volume). I just don't want to pound my nice doubles with 2000-2500 shots a day. They buy new guns and also swap guts to increase longevity. I've only had one or two issues with reliability, but a replacement gun was right by my side.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 3 pm appointment with them tomorrow. I will file a report and post copies of documents when I return.

Posts: 11954 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote