Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina strike
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 450/400 Jeffrey's
posted
I'm off to Argentina next week for a little bird hunting and sigh seeing.

How will the strike affect me and my family?

Any precautions to take at Iguazu? Mosquitos?

B.Aries? Do's and Don'ts?

Cordoba?

weather?

Thanks!!!

Posts: 142 | Location: Dreaming of Luangwa | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The present strike could mean some delays I guess. In fact, nobody knows for sure. Regarding the Iguazú area, if I were you I´d vaccinate against yellow fever, just in case. There were some cases (two or three) the last week and the boundary with Brasil is just there. Weather is fair now, about 18º Celsius in the mornings and reaching up to 28º Celsius in the afternoon (in Buenos Aires). Like all big cities, Buenos Aires and Córdoba should need some caution about petty crime, which is on the rise. This notwithstanding, both are between the best destinations you may visit. Buenos Aires is the best capital in South America, bar none. Pricing, buildings, arts, leather goods and so many other things, including of course Argentine meat and wines. Feel free to get in touch if you need something. Wink
Regards

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400 Jeffrey's
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to a little churrasco and Vino negro.

I hope the strike doesn't limit the fine food.
Many thanks!

Posts: 142 | Location: Dreaming of Luangwa | Registered: 23 August 2007Reply With Quote