Find
Notify
Tools

Capybara with hounds
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
This to me from my friend, Juan POzzi. This capibara was killed by a friend who hunts with catahoulas and banddogs in rio de la plata river ,with knife ,he is an IPSC champion and use to live in Lousiana where he worked as gunsmith and shooting instructor. beer

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
I consider that hunting capibara with dogs is at least as dangerous as hunting boars ,these giant rats have impressive teeth and can injure you or the dogs badly .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
Juan. Save one for me.....I will bring my Muela! banana

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We will use at least 3 of my dogos and perhaps a longer knife or a spear .Im invited to speak at the dogo club in Cordoba and i was mentioned in a book because of my experience on hunting buffalos with my loved dogo PAIMUN .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Jeagers all is flooded here the farm explodes with ducks we are killing hundreds every day .I love my old new Breda ,i have several berettas ,brownings ,remintongs but i love this old shotgun.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was feeding some captive capybaras corn one time ... and while I was feeding their mama, one little guy was chewing on my gumboot ... too cute ... I have hunted the big varmints once or twice in my life and have enjoyed it very much. My lady even whacked one long ago in the Bolivian jungle at night with a Ruger 10/22... A great memory and that is what it is all about - I reckon .. cheers

Posts: 1534 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
What'd he kill it with?

There was one of those killed in South Texas with a bow Smiler

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
He killed it with knife.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Some capibarasappeared near my farm thanks to the flooding.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by juanpozzi:
(....) I love my old new Breda, i have several berettas ,brownings ,remintongs but i love this old shotgun.Juan

This is the one you bought in the last ARMAS we went together ?

Indeed it seemed to be a promising shotgun, one of those long lost quality made weapons ... Cool

I am glad to read it satisfied your expectations ! thumb

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Martin yes Gonzalo of gunshop again found for me another excellent weapon i have been testing it all the days hunting ducks since december ,i gave it to clients and never failed it has a fixel extra full choke so i can kill ducks at very long distance.Juan

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA