Find
Notify
Tools

Re: how to cook ribs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

i just made six racks of ribs the other night. i did them on the smoker. cooked for about six hours at 225-250 degrees. quite possibly the best ribs i have ever had. smoked them on a weber charcoal smoker.

Bullshooter, I've got a Weber bbq. IMHO, they are the best bbq for the money, bar none. I bought mine 14 years ago, and it's still going strong, with little to no maintenance.

It's also the best rib/chicken cooker you'll ever find. I buy my ribs from a butcher who leaves about an inch of the side meat on them. Put them on the bbq with the front and back burners on medium and the middle burner off. 1 to 1.25 hours later, they're done. Flip 'em halfway through, and add bbq sauce for the last 10 min., just long enough for the bbq sauce to caramelize.

They're my gf's favourite meal. I can always count on a good night when I cook up these ribs.

Do chicken the same way. Never get grease fires or burnt pieces.

Oh, and boiling ribs/chicken works fine for people with lousy bbq's. Get a Weber, and you'll never boil another rib, or chicken, in your life. Except, of course, if you're wanting to do some up ribs German style with boiled sauerkraut. That's permissible, during Oktoberfest.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote