THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    Is there any interest in a recipe collection?

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there any interest in a recipe collection?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Big-Ed
posted
No intent to replace this forum, but rather to make it easier to browse the recipes...

There is a lot to consider, but if I could make a site available for posting game recipes, and if there were appropriate controls and so forth, I would be willing to create such a site.

Would there be enough interest to justify my time to create and host such a site?

I see the site as being a framework for information (recipes) that are 'user created' and 'user moderated'.

I would - if there is enough interest - pledge that I would take steps to ensure that the site stayed alive (provide a permanent hosting solution). If it was popular enough, maybe Saeed would let it live on the AR server. Wink

Question:
So before I even consider providing this service, what do you think?

Choices:
We have this forum, we don't need it
I would read recipies, but not contribute any
I would read mostly and contribute a few recipies
I would regularly contribute recipies

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Posts: 269 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 07 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
big ed it's a nice idea...but there are thousands of recipe sites on the net already. I think it's easy enough to find any recipe as it is.

the chef

one of us
Picture of Big-Ed
posted Hide Post
Just checking. I have the ability and resources to do this, so I thought I would check.

Obviously, it was a good idea to check (and I agree with you Chef) because there are so many site out there already.

Remember to give Saeed and Don a 'thank you' when you can for providing this for our use.
Smiler

Posts: 269 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 07 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several game cookbooks plus ones from Italian Chefs and since I'm Italian I learned how to make sausage from an italian aunt & how to cook from my father.It's squash blossum time,washed,dried, battered & fried , goes great with beer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big-Ed:
No intent to replace this forum, but rather to make it easier to browse the recipes...

There is a lot to consider, but if I could make a site available for posting game recipes, and if there were appropriate controls and so forth, I would be willing to create such a site.

Would there be enough interest to justify my time to create and host such a site?

I see the site as being a framework for information (recipes) that are 'user created' and 'user moderated'.

I would - if there is enough interest - pledge that I would take steps to ensure that the site stayed alive (provide a permanent hosting solution). If it was popular enough, maybe Saeed would let it live on the AR server. Wink
Nice Hooters must give 200 weight per day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmm, maybe open the forum to discussion of technique rather than "recipe" ???

There seems to be a whole world of cuisine to access here, HERE !!!

But I don't really need recipes for root beer marinanted possum. *LMAO*'

But stuff like "trinity veggies" "mir poix" "sautee/sweat" "court bouillon" "gumbo" "jambalaya" --

Regional dishes.

I could do that.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
You need to get "her" a sports bra...... jumping

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big-Ed
posted Hide Post
From August to November. Big gap in interest. Roll Eyes

... and Bill.... she IS wearing a sports bra!!!