Find
Notify
Tools

Beef pepper stake
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does any one no a good beef pepper stake recipe. [Confused]

Posts: 302 | Location: west virginia | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pepper Steak

1 1/2 lb beef round steak cut 1/2" thick
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/8 tsp pepper
2 large green peppers (chopped)
1/4 cup Crisco
1 1/4 cups water
2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp garlic salt

Cut meat in strips 3" long and 3/4 thick. Brown in hot Crisco, drain off excess fat. Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid. Add reserved liquid, water, onion, garlic salt, and pepper to meat in skillet and simmer 50 minutes. Stir in flour (3 tablespoons) and some kitchen bouquet (Kitchen Bouquet is just brown coloring that comes in a bottle. If you don't have any, use a half cup of coffee.) Add chopped peppers to steak along with tomatoes. Simmer 5 min more. Serve over cooked rice. I just mix the rice in with it while it cooks. Makes 6 servings.

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope that is what you were lookin for, Shortmag. If not then here's another one.

Pepper Stakes:

Take your trusty Stihl and go up the holler a piece and look for some nice straight saplings about a inch and a half around. Cut a straight edge about three feet high. Cut the bottom at a sharp angle to make it easy to drive in the ground. Take em home and stake up your peppers. I never stake my peppers, but these might work for tomatoes, too.
[Wink]

Plinker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Plinker 603
Thanks i tryed that out today it turned out good but i have not tryed staking my peppers yet. LOL what part of W.V. are you from.

Posts: 302 | Location: west virginia | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ANY ONE GOT A PEPPER STEAK RECIPE I CAN COOK ON THE GEORGE FOREMAN GRILL?????

THE 2ND ANENDMENT PROTECTS US ALL...............

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shortmag,

Glad the recipe turned out okay.

I'm from the south central border between Pennsylvania and Ohio. I can't be more specific because there might be city people lurking on here who could try to come and raid my hen house and my old coon dog don't hear so good anymore....

Just kiddin. I Don't even have any chickens or dogs. Nearest big city to me would be Parkersburg or Charleston.

Plinker