THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    new international/historic cooking forum

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new international/historic cooking forum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
To all members:

As some of you know, I have a great interest in historical and international cooking. With that in mind, a friend and I have launched a small forum for this purpose and I'd like to invite anyone with an interest in world cuisine to check it out.

With a great pool of members from across the globe, I think it would make a good place for all to discuss the intersection of food, people, history, geography and culture.

You can visit the forum by clicking the link here:

http://foodsoftheworld.activeboards.net/forums.html

I think it's off to a pretty good start and would like to share it with all of you - any and all are invited!

Thanks to Saeed and Don for allowing this invitation –

Ron

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome site...I'll be visiting a lot. I'm pretty interested in historical and traditional cooking too. Great Idea and thanks!

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I reckon it's no less than sadistic to post this thread.

I'M ON A BLOODY DIET!!!!!!! Eeker

More seriously, it's a FANTASTIC site and my mouth is still watering from it!!! thumb

one of us
posted Hide Post
calgary - thanks for checking it out! as you can see, we're still in our infancy over there and any input from a canadian epicure would be valued very much. feel free to weigh in on any subject. right now, our canadian forum is lacking;what's your opinion? i know that canada does have a unique culinary history that is regional, but not much else. i expect in the future to break it up into the maritime provinces, prairie provinces, rocky mtn. region, west coast and the far northern territories. i don't know if there is enough "uniqueness" to do this - another option might be to combine the the US and canada into a "north american" section that breaks down by region.

shakari - sorry to wave that in front of your face like that! if it is any consolation, i have found that most traditional foods, especially when made with wholesome ingredients and well-balanced, is just about the healthiest stuff you can be eating!

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The states has a wealth of regional cuisine and it would be a mistake to lump them together with us. Eastern Canada has some good stuff mostly because they have been here for 400 years and Western folk have only been here for a hundred odd years.

I'll probably add some stuff to your site but I'll be taking more than I give!!

Shakari, diets don't work so quit torturing yourself. Just eat a bit less at each meal, don't ever let yourself get hungry-have a healthy snack when you feel peckish and you'll lose weight. I've lost damn near 40 lbs like that and it stays off.

cheers

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Guys,

Speak for yourselves. I don't have a particularly big appetite and I doubt I eat a sweet/pudding more than 2 or 3 times a year because I just don't enjoy them.......but all I have to do is look at a good Chinese or Indian meal for example and my belt automatically undoes a notch...... Wink

You wouldn't believe how weight falls on and off me depending on what I eat and how active I am at any particular time of the year. Depending on factors such as how hard I've been hunting in recent months my weight can vary anything up to 3 stones/40 odd lbs....... which is a bloody nuisance because it means I need 3 different sizes of clothes!

I'm hunting less now because I'm trying (note the word trying) to retire from the field and since then, I've had to watch my weight even more closely.

Guess I'm gonna have to try some of those recipes on the site though and then live with the consequences! Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
calgary - i'll go ahead and split canada into east/west. i am assuming ontario/manitoba would be the dividing line?

shakari - just do the best you can and it will all be good ~ hopefully we'll get you to find a happy medium.

to both of you, and anyone else who might be interested - we'd be honored to have such a great base of people from across the globe. right now we've got members from different regions of the US as well as members living in or with backgrounds in asia, germany, australia, latin america and new zealand. we'd like to get as many international members as possible, so if you're interested, be sure to drop in.

http://foodsoftheworld.activeboards.net/forums.html

thanks!