Find
Notify
Tools

Buttermilk pie
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Here we go. 1 stick of butter (melted),2 C. sugar, 3T. flour,4 eggs,1 C. buttermilk,1 t. vanilla,1/2 C. coconut. Bake @ 325 for 1 hr 10 min. Makes 2 9" regular pies or 1 deep dish;I always make the 2 regular size.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh as an afterthought,I have in the past played with this one to the tune of adding cocoa +/or pecan pieces. Kind of like gilding the lily though,the original stands on its own.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
Thanks NC...I will try this one as soon as I get home.

DRSS Member

Posts: 900 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WVFred:
Thanks NC...I will try this one as soon as I get home.

That will be a mistake if you have any relationship with bathroom scales...... dancing

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it is anything like my mother makes (she doesn't add the coconut...), I am in trouble! Absolutely my favorite, and I live in TX where pecan pie is king...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charlie,I agree,but then some are leaner than others. One of my Lady friends who just retired at the tender age of 70 wanted to do a cook book in her spare time + asked me if she could use the recipe. Sure,I said;then she wanted to know if she could alter the ingredients to be more health friendly. No, not if you want to keep the same perfect flavor. I will be doing a brownie recipe in the next couple of days that is (in my younger days debatably) better than sex. They are the best though.Yes Charlie,they are fattening but I guarantee you,you have never tasted better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
doubless,the coconut makes all the difference in the moisture content,if you have no coconut,grate some carrots as an alternate,same thing + you will never know the difference.Helpful household hint 101.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've changed my mind;I will post my Brownies recipe tonight. Enjoy all ! Posting on recipe forum.

one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
I made two of these today and took to my mothers house.....they turned out great and definitely will be had again.

Thanks

Fred

DRSS Member

Posts: 900 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote