THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RECIPES FOR HUNTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Recipes for Hunters    The Butter Burger: Got cardiac issues?

Moderators: Ninja Hunter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Butter Burger: Got cardiac issues?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
If not now, you will have after eating these babies. Eeker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK4LcT-2kgw

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
OK. Finally made one of these this afternoon. I used 85/15 ground beef, added some beef-specific rub and mixed in probably a couple of tablespoons of frozen butter shavings to about a 6-7 ounce patty, with a squirt of Worcestershire, then onto the Weber gasser. Added a patty of Swiss toward the end, when I slipped the buttered and garlic-salted home-made bun (King Arthur's recipe) on the grate for some crisp edges.
Kept dressings simple -- some mayo, some mustard and some dill pickle slices. It really was memorably good and well worth it. I won't do this often, but I know it will impress fam and friends.

– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Well, it sure sounds good!

~Ann

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ann, this might be a neat trick for when you are using lean meats like goat.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, It does sound great. The reason our ancestors didn'd die of heart disease is because they worked hard all day, the only time they died was after they had to slow down + retire. Unfortunately, their dietary habits did not change, I am way guilty of the same!

Posts: 4199 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Randy, it is just so simple. I'll be keeping a stick of butter in the freezer from here on out.

– John Green, author