New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feeding A Bunch Of Hungry Kids!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
A friend called, saying he is playing paddle at the beach not far from our house, and could they all come to the pool afterwards.

I said yes.

Not long after, he turned up with 22 kids varying in age from 12-18!

I asked if they were hungry, and got a resounding YES!

Trouble was our chef was out.

I said I will make them a quick meal, and if anyone complains, I will give him some money and he can go to McDonald's!

They all laughed.

We have a fireplace by the pool, so I put two bags of charcoal on, and lit them.

Found various steaks - rib eye, sirloin and wagyu.

Got 3 varieties of BBQ sauce, small bottle of Tabasco, Soya sauce and tomato ketchup.

Mixed all together.

I chopped all the steaks into 1x2 strips and put them in the mixer.

Had a large steel plate, which we put over the fire.

We put all the meat on op of the steel plate, brought them some pita bread, and told them to help themselves as the meat got ready.

Left them to get some things ready to go in the morning for a bit, then went to have a look.

What a sight!

They were having a ball!

Some said this was the best BBQ they have had!

I think we might have another visit soon!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66992 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Kids are easy to please and are always hungry. Good job.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Feeding 22 kids virtually without notice is no small feat, Saeed. clap

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
About 30 years ago I was invited to an event from a college buddy who was in the newspaper business + he was going to cover a story about a program that was sponsored by the Texas Wild Life Commision. This event was held in Inks Co. on Jim Inks Ranch + was santined by the P+WL dept + DPS. There were more badges than dead animals. The kids got to go on a "hunt" basically a placed kill shot; but whatever; I must say that I did not see on any kids' face a 'glow of accomspiosnment'

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For my end, along with other pics, etc. I did get to meet Finn Aagard + his wife Berit for q short conversation over BBQ at Jim Inks ranch. THey have the most beautiful swimming pool (if you want to call it that) carved out of the cliffs. One would have to see it to believe that there was a more perfect place to live.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
They called to tell me they are playing again on Thursday, and could they come to the pool again.

I said yes, but this time they are going to eat home grown meat.

I shot an Arabian Oryx from our herd last week - too many males.

I will cut enough meat for them to cook, but I will marinate it over night from the day before.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66992 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you have created a herd of eaters.

Next thing ya know they will all be sporting holsters with their own bottle of Tabasco.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those teen agers sure can eat. When I still had my 3 boys at home, I would come in any given afternoon + there would be at least 17 boys eating up the groceries. I had no problem with that, only rule was if you see we're getting low on something, put it on the shopping list. Whenever I was making a pot of venison chili, I think the word went through the high school grapevine because I always had a houseful. Those are some fond memories.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Branding time on the Rosillas, 5 college boys and my son show up, ate two deer in two days chicken fried in iron skillets, pinto beans, cream gravey, biscuits or tortillas, pico de gallo, fried okra.

They said if Id feed them they would quit school and work 7 days a week..I told them IM afraid the game warden would be be paying me a visit..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But chicken fried with cream gravy is sore tempting!